Poulan/Poulan Pro 3314, 3516, 3818, 3816, 4018, 4218, etc question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It does snap in, but snaps out too easily, I guess. That isn't a tame chain on this saw, and poking the bar into a tangle like I'm working on will grab and throw branch chunks around pretty good, and give you and the saw a bulldog shake: keep that top arm stiff. Probably that's when it loses the wrench.

I'm sure I could rig a better keeper of some sort, probably will, but like I said, the screwdriver part is a little short, and that blade digs into your hand when trying to tighten the bar nuts. If a regular wrench is nearby, I'd use that first.

More info on the 5020:

Plastic on the fan side, but metal on the clutch side.

I'm shocked.

Also yes, the chain is 72V type with the bent rakers.

I would have thought they'd continue to use 33SL or another .325 chain for this one .

I'm curious if it is an inboard or outboard clutch and whether it is a 6 pin or 7 pin sprocket.

I would have thought they'd continue to use 33SL or another .325 chain for this one .

I'm curious if it is an inboard or outboard clutch and whether it is a 6 pin or 7 pin sprocket.

According to the Sears IPL, it's an inboard clutch. Like I said this saw is a bigger version of the PP4218 AV

The sprocket is a 7 tooth.

Here are some saw photos, including the clutch.

The sprocket is a 7 tooth.

Here are some saw photos, including the clutch.
I want one of those! Good thing I don't need another 20" saw and that my saw budget is presently zero. I think I'm safe for the moment.

Well it's an outboard clutch, I guess the pictures helped...........

Just received a factory refurbed 4620 AV for $129, delivered, and it looks just like my two defunct Farmhands, other than the color. And surprisingly it does not have the tool-less chain tightener. Came with the old standard screw type with two studs and nuts. So I don't have to swap that cover after all.

I have a 4620HDAV, got it for free from one of my neighbors, didn't even have a tank of fuel ran through it. The knowledgeable Poulan folks here said it's basically a 295 wearing a different model number.

Latest posts

Back