• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Poulan Pro S25AV NOS?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have what I truly believe to be a brand new never run Poulan Pro S25AV. I got it with a bunch of other saws at a auction of a retired Poulan dealers estate. After getting it home and looking it over the repair tag on it appeared to be used as a price tag and said $304.99 on it.

I cleaned it up and it has never had oil in the oil tank and shows no sign of having fuel in it either. The piston looks unfired and new as well. I believe that this was a dealer display or somthing like that as the plastic clutch cover is a bit of a different color from maybe sun fade.

I put a new fuel line on it and replaced the aging foam air filter. I checked the carb diaphragms and crank seals which all appear to be in new condition. I have not started the saw.

I would keep this but have another just like it NOS so I'll offer it up to someone else. Pricing is hard on something like this but I'm thinking it should be worth $200 as she sits.

If you want it PHO we could work something out as I have a NOS Poulan Pro S25 non AV that I could use the bar and chain on. 100_4396 (Custom).JPG 100_4399 (Custom).JPG 100_4403 (Custom).JPG 100_4386 (Custom).JPG

Attachments

• 100_4410 (Custom).JPG
    100_4410 (Custom).JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 39
Nice little saw Mark. For those that don't know, these are very strong little saws.

Thats true and a lot of younger folks don't realize that this is one of the last versions of the original saw introduced in about 1970 that set the new standard for top handle saws. No one had a answer for these for quite some time either. They still compare well to most new ones except there a bit heavier then the new all plastic saws.

If I didn't already have a NOS one just like it, it wouldn't be going anywhere. It will set on the shelf next to the other one also if no one wants it.

I got a NOS Mini Mac I'll trade ya.lol
I really do like the little Poulans.Been Years since i've even ran one of the Green ones.

Gary that isn't like you to mess up grammer. :) Did someone hack your account?

You still got my number? We could talk about it.

Jughead, do you really want me to tell you what to do with that mini POS??

Modifiedmark post: 5002022 said:
Gary that isn't like you to mess up grammer. :) Did someone hack your account?

You still got my number? We could talk about it.

Jughead, do you really want me to tell you what to do with that mini POS??
No not really I can Imagine.lol

must be a super 25 virus going around I pick up a counter vibe model this morning the starter pulley is broke . I was just talking to a young guy this morning that said he had never seen a s25 I said back in the 70s and 80s this was the climbing saw and a lot of people cut there winters firewood with them . I wonder how many dollars the little guys made lol

must be a super 25 virus going around I pick up a counter vibe model this morning the starter pulley is broke . I was just talking to a young guy this morning that said he had never seen a s25 I said back in the 70s and 80s this was the climbing saw and a lot of people cut there winters firewood with them . I wonder how many dollars the little guys made lol

A used S25CVA is what I had for my first saw and it alone kept my house supplied with firewood for several years till I finally had to get a bigger saw for the bigger wood. I used that saw a ton for over 25 years before it started to lose compression. Never had any major issues with it either.

Don't tell any of the snobby professional climbers that I used one of these on the ground though, we know there the only ones who are qualified to run one. :ices_rofl:

My first saw was a plain old s25 that was my dads he bought it off a guy for 20 bucks back in 1984 he had bulldozers and truck and kelp it in his work box for years he gave it to me and a needle bearing got in the cylinder. In 1990 i bought a used cva at a pawn shop for 50 bucks and toped a lot of tree with in 1991 i bought the pro model like yours with the muffler guard for 299.99 and a 026 stihl it was 349.99

I saw a mint craftsman s25 with the chain sharpener on it at a yard sale a few weeks back had sold on it i asked how much he sold it for he said 15 bucks i got a old sears catalog from 1978 it was 217 .99 nee

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 23

Latest posts

Back