Poulan pro strato NOT lined cylinder?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brages

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
So I started trying to clean up the cylinder on the PP4218avx that I was working on... And I believe it's got an unlined cylinder! I thought the Pros were supposed to be Durachrome... If it's chrome lined, I'm not seeing it. Have you ever taken one of these apart?

I tried the acid treatment on a PP4218 cylinder, and found that the acid would never stop bubbling. That lead me to believe I was looking at an aluminum cylinder without plating. I'm no expert however, so I am willing to be told I am wrong.

it should be nokosil,,spelled something like that,,,,, it is just very very thin on those cylinders

It looks like the only one they advertise as chrome now is the 5020. I have older Poulan/Craftsman 42cc saws and they are bare aluminum. I replaced one of the engines with a PP260 engine, which was otherwise identical but it was chromed. In fairness, I have an old non-chromed Craftsman that I ported the heck out of and had to do a bit of sanding on the bore to clean it up. It runs really well and has held up well - and it had a lot of hours before I got it.

What is it you have to clean up on it?

Latest posts

Back