Poulan s25da Won't Pull Fuel Through New Tygon Hose

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Metering diaphragm goes against the body of the carb, and the pump diaphragm goes against the cover. If those are backwards it will certainly have problems. Check the height of the needle lever. Any of these can cause headaches. I just rebuilt one of these, but it was orange and said Dayton...

yep worth taking it apart and making sure on your order of things he is right....

I guess it's possible that the line might be too large on the outside diameter, pinching it where it goes through the tank. You should be able to blow through the line to test it.

i've pinched it inbetween the case halves before also had it get kinked behind the flywheel area.... put a lil hole in it routing it back there .....all good things to recheck.....without the duck bill i don't think it sux up the fuel as well also.....could be something simple....

Is the 90 degree hose barb elbow threaded into the Tillotson carb, or is it pressed in? I don't want to goon it up by removing it if it's pressed into the body of the carb.

Thanks!

Is the 90 degree hose barb elbow threaded into the Tillotson carb, or is it pressed in? I don't want to goon it up by removing it if it's pressed into the body of the carb.

Thanks!
I don't think I'd try to remove it, don't remember how it's put in but I can't think of a reason to take it off. It'll withstand a little carb cleaner.

Metering diaphragm goes against the body of the carb, and the pump diaphragm goes against the cover. If those are backwards it will certainly have problems. Check the height of the needle lever. Any of these can cause headaches. I just rebuilt one of these, but it was orange and said Dayton...
:wtf:
That's ass backwards & just bad advice...but you can believe everything you read on the Internet, LOL

Time to derail this locomotive thread, but it is a Poulan branded S25 topic.

Good job on your S25 restoration there.

This OEM 5300-48044 clutch drum has to be the worst & abused drive sprocket I have ever seen. It looks like a rim drive, but it is not... off a 2.3 Craftsman.

I threw the bar & chain in the trash too.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Time to derail this locomotive thread, but it is a Poulan branded S25 topic.

Good job on your S25 restoration there.

This OEM 5300-48044 clutch drum has to be the worst & abused drive sprocket I have ever seen. It looks like a rim drive, but it is not... off a 2.3 Craftsman.

I threw the bar & chain in the trash too.

View attachment 474865 View attachment 474867
Sure looks like a rim drive..

Back