Poulin 4000 not starting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisS

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a poulin 4000 countervibe" . I used it a week or so ago. Start second or third pull as usual. Went to start it Monday and nothing not even a cough wanting to start. Installed a new plug gapped at .027. The fuel was a week old. Same mix used for 25 yrs. cleaned ignition module, it was covered in crap. Still nothing not even a cough trying to start. It did seem to smell like it was flooded before I changed the plug. Anyone have ideas?

Thank you

Chris

Pull plug, tip saw over, pull rope multiple times to clear fuel from cylinder, you can also blow with compressed air, install plug and try again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did clean it out with air, verified spark and I probably knows it will get replaced by a stihl 271 if she does not start.

Mine ran like a soldier after a friend had it on a shelf for ten years. All it needed was a carb adjustment and a new choke lever that I made in my shop.
My Poulan 4000.JPG
Compared to a 271, this saw has power to burn as Jon1212 said. It might be around 40 years old but I could care less about that. These saws were built like tanks.

I have never adjusted the carb, I just do not know settings. Hollys and rochesters are easier.
After leaving it for two days, first pull and it coughed and then started right up. Either it heard what I said about the stihl or it just needed to breathe.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Chris

I have never adjusted the carb, I just do not know settings. Hollys and rochesters are easier.
After leaving it for two days, first pull and it coughed and then started right up. Either it heard what I said about the stihl or it just needed to breathe.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Chris
Most Countervibes start with 1 turn open on both the Lo and Hi

Back