Poulin oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbarber55

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
anybody using Poulin synthetic 2 cycle oil ?
I was wondering what you people think of it.
Tom

It is OK. Its is the leftover oil when they mix up a batch of
Husqvarna oil, which they scrape out of the vat.
Kind of like the Milwaukee's Best Light of the oil mixes.

its not bad. but remember to mix it 25-1 if u use it in anything but poulan equipment. :cool: :) . seriously just mix according to directions and it ll do..

Only one?
If I would stop drinking beer, {that brand}, there would be
massive layoffs and I could not bear that on my conscience.
There should be a small town or hamlet named after me up
there, as I should be on the prospectus for the company as
a major buyer. But I digress, as beer has nothing to do with
the fine people of this enchanted forum!

Seriously, Is the Poulan Synthetic from the same source as Husky? I've been running some of it in a couple of old saws and have no complaints but I also have no real idea of its quality. Price and availability are great.

Come on the "Beast" is the best of the working mans beer. If there is cheap beer out there I have drank it. In High School when we had money it was Coors Light (not cheap but we thought we were cool). When we had no money which was the majority of the time we bought Black Label. In college we had what was supposed to be the largest distrubutor of Natural Light in the nation. Today I buy mostly Mil Best but currently I am drinking Miller High Life Light. I will also go with Old Mil Light or Old Style Light. If I am feeling rich and want to impress the neighbor then I buy Busch Light. Now that I have digressed enough I will get back on topic. I have never heard of Poulan Synthetic. I have been punching the numbers though and if bar oil get as high as it is selling on ebay for then I will be using Valvoline Synthetic as bar oil.

Bill

The oil under discussion is Mix oil but I'll chase your rabbit. Vegetable oil is amazingly good bar oil-I use it in my climbing saw and Power pruner. Bar oil is still cheap in my area but if it were expensive I'd go to Cooking oil in everything (first choice) or the cheapest motor oil I could find.

Bar oil is less than $3/gal around here. I don't think Mazola is that cheap, and mazola will go rancid, even slowly polymerize into varnish.

I recently talked to a guy that uses used tranny/hydro oil...gets it free at the local implement yard. What the heck!

I drink Blatz out of deposit longnecks and Jack D.

Poulan doesn't market a synthetic oil under their name.
Poulan oil is made by the same company that makes many other companies oil.
It was the same oil except packaging, and dye, as it's other Swedish counterparts when they were also 40:1 ratio. Mix it at 40:1 with no problem, in any quality air cooled two cycle saw, trimmer, or blower.

Poulan Pro (black not green jugs) bar & chain oil is excatly the same as many other companies. Differences are packaging, dye, and price.
Used to be a couple dollars less per case.

I have used it & liked it (32:1) in all my 2 strokes. Almost no smoke & smells "Nice" too. Just under $5 for a 19 0z. (I think) bottle@ wally world - the only place I have seen it.

Anyone using/used the Mobil MX synthetic from "The zone"
I bought a bottle, but have not used it yet.

Nice line Tony!:D
My Personal quest is to find an EXCELLENT quality oil that I don't have to special order. Right now the only oil that I can purchase "locally" that has ISO/JC specs listed on the label is Echo brand and I have to travel 40 miles to get it! I have NEVER had an oil related failure -even during all those years when I used TCW 3 oils in my saws (I ran 32/1 ratio) but I'm trying to be a good boy and use the "good stuff".;)

Originally posted by Fish
Only one?
If I would stop drinking beer, {that brand}, there would be
massive layoffs and I could not bear that on my conscience.
There should be a small town or hamlet named after me up
there, as I should be on the prospectus for the company as
a major buyer. But I digress, as beer has nothing to do with
the fine people of this enchanted forum!

They did name a town for you up there. It's called Fish Creek and it's north of Milwaukee, but its waters often run yellow for obvious reasons.

max2cam
I am sure the Poulan synthetic oil is good.I use Mobil Mx2(thumbs up) and it's cheaper.
Millwaukees Best light,works for her.

Back