Possible cheap two stroke + bar oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OM617YOTA

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
They have 2 gallon and 5 gallon also as I was hoping to get a 5 gallon but 1 gallon is the cheapest option for that bar oil.

Last year it was just under $7gallon. I bought 14 gallons.(would have bought more, but thats all they showed in stock.) Between me and dad we've used all but a few gallons. I've been waiting for them to get back in stock and offer free shipping. Probably get another 10 gallons. It's decent oil if you cut a lot over winter. It's a little thinner then most bar oils, but does its job just fine.

...I bought 14 gallons.(would have bought more, but thats all they showed in stock.) Between me and dad we've used all but a few gallons.

Holy cow, that's a lot of cutting. At 40-to-1, 14 gallons of 2T oil makes 560 gallons of 2Mix...

I'm not sure I've used 14 gallons of bar oil or 2T oil in my entire life. How many saws did that wear out? :laugh::chainsaw:

That's a good deal on the bar oil, gotta buy 7 1 gallon ones to get cheap shipping.. that's the cheapest option. Hope this is ok but I gotta find out somehow; My question: I find I have to use a real good bar oil on my 550xp mark 2 cause oil pump is limited, up all the way and barely enough.. does anyone here know where to get a H.O. pump for that saw? Run 18" 325 8pin (ported 5.5hp) other saws 572-592xp can run anything but not little saw cause lack of flow

That's a good deal on the bar oil, gotta buy 7 1 gallon ones to get cheap shipping.. that's the cheapest option. Hope this is ok but I gotta find out somehow; My question: I find I have to use a real good bar oil on my 550xp mark 2 cause oil pump is limited, up all the way and barely enough.. does anyone here know where to get a H.O. pump for that saw? Run 18" 325 8pin (ported 5.5hp) other saws 572-592xp can run anything but not little saw cause lack of flow
Can't help. You'll probably do better making a post with your question than buried here.

If anyone orders this stuff, post back and let us know how it goes.
Mystik is made by Citgo which at one time made Yamalube 2r and Echo's oils. They have a good rep for making quality two cycle oils.
I ran many gallons of Citgo air sea and snow though Skidoo snowmobiles with excellent results.
With that said the linked product is an injector oil and would not be optimal for a saw. It will work, just not as well as a dedicated premix air cooled oil, which Mystik also sells.

Mystik is made by Citgo which at one time made Yamalube 2r and Echo's oils. They have a good rep for making quality two cycle oils.
I ran many gallons of Citgo air sea and snow though Skidoo snowmobiles with excellent results.
With that said the linked product is an injector oil and would not be optimal for a saw. It will work, just not as well as a dedicated premix air cooled oil, which Mystik also sells.
I was more thinking about the free freight thing, and if they'll actually ship 7 gallons of oil to you if you buy $50 worth.

If anyone orders this stuff, post back and let us know how it goes.
Online order failed, so I called it in (the store is just a few miles from me).

Buy their engine oil: $8/gallon rebate (limit $96 per year).

I'll head over there when it's ready to pick up and check it out.

Mystik is a CITGO brand, so there's some possible political turmoil involved, don't know if that matters to you.

JT-4 is the low-smoke synthetic blend. the old Sea and Snow is mineral oil (if you can find it).

Online order failed, so I called it in (the store is just a few miles from me).

Buy their engine oil: $8/gallon rebate (limit $96 per year).

I'll head over there when it's ready to pick up and check it out.

Mystik is a CITGO brand, so there's some possible political turmoil involved, don't know if that matters to you.

JT-4 is the low-smoke synthetic blend. the old Sea and Snow is mineral oil (if you can find it).

Sea and snow was a semi synthetic. FC and FD oils are all semi synthetic.

FC and FD oils are all semi synthetic.

So...is Mobil1 Racing 2T only "semi-synthetic"? The label says it's "fully synthetic" but it's also JASO FC...

Mobil1-Racing-2-T.jpg

Back