Power sharpening

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try a sawzall
Yep, that sawzall would move the file in the right direction. I considered installing a file in my sabre saw (smaller version of a sawzall). But, then, I went ahead and bought chain grinder. Can't beat it! Nothing quite like the feel of large chips hitting your chaps as you pull backward on the rear handle while listening to the engine pull and watching the saw bar drop through a big red oak log!!!!
Having never tried this, I cannot say for sure that it won't work.
Charlesv842, if you do try this, let us all know how it works for you. Who knows....it might sharpen chain cutters just fine! Those file teeth are on an angle to the normal direction of travel (longitudinal). So if you rotate the file, they are also on an angle to radial travel. I would examine the file closely to be sure you spin it in a direction to cause the teeth to cut or "bite" into the metal of the saw chain cutter. The more I think about it, this just might be feasible.

Try a sawzall
Lmao
must be a back filer lol

I can't believe you guys haven't come out with a kick start yet..
I tried the 'throw start' a few times but that didn't seem to complish much.

I would say the three quickest ways to kill files is ;

-Back filing
-water
- not cleaning them every 4 -5 passes

^^^ not all Addressed to you @Trx250r180
Just saying.

But this is:
"I can see you house from here"

Too bad Vancouver Island didn't separate from the mainland then I could walk over and try your saws eh...(I guess I wouldn't be saying eh, EH ...lol.
Just falling for new subdivisions in Victoria right now.

Back