power split processor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burlman

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
The lad that I contract cut for showed up at the job site with one of these self propelled wood splitters.(www.powersplit.com) we have trucking hardwood to this fellow who was in turn selling firewood to city folks. He got into some financial problems and racked up a big bill for wood delivered to his yard. Well the boss decided to take this machine off his hands in payment. Well if you got a pile of wood bucked ahead, get out of the way. This machine is self propelled so you keep backing it up to your wood pile, so you arn't chasing sticks. two foot activated splitters on on each side of a 20 ft conveyor, 5 seceond cycle, a lift on one side to feed big sticks onto the table. we rigged up a tandem dump truck with mesh box extensions, so you get 7ft. high sides in the box. Well 2 guys splitting, we filled that tuck in 1hr and 20min. You just keep rotating the block, step on the pedal, piece of wood falls on belt and into the truck. I see that they make a smaller single version,

Looks like an interesting concept. Their 3 1/2 minute face cord video is kind of silly. The picture quality is terrible but you can notice that they are splitting it a little rough, much bigger than the average piece of split firewood. I wonder how much they cost?

They cost A LOT. As much as a small firewood processor. For the big model I think it was around 17k, and that was a couple years ago. Not worth it if you ask me. Put that money towards a processor. With that said it really is a neat idea and looks fun to use.

I have built splitters based on Powersplit's concept. The design is very operator friendly reducing fatigue. Wood stays on the table at all times so re-splits can be done without the operator having to change position. Loading the log lift ,splitting ,and tossing the split wood is done on the same side of the machine. A log lift is simple and inexpensive ($50 or less) to add to this splitter.

These are splitters not processors they start at about $5,000 and go up to $24,000 for a self propelled double splitter with conveyor.

Latest posts

Back