Power Tuning

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kdhotsaw

kdhotsaw

Yoda
Hello vsteel, no, we dont have a problem with fouled plugs at 30-1 but i use maxima 927 2 stroke oil it burns very clean. never get any carbon deposits or oil deposits kdhotsaw

kdhotsaw

kdhotsaw

Yoda
Hello confused, Nice saw, you should run a 30-1 oil mix Stihl oil is good but maxima 927 is the best. If you take the cover off the muffler you will see a stainless steel perforated box inside at theexhaust inlet this restricts the exhaust flow and the saw runs hotter. We cut the end out of it.if your front cover doesn't have a port in it then that should be done.after you get it broke in you might consider porting the transfer and exhaust ports. with the muffler mods. you'll gain 35 to 40 percent more power. no it wont shorten the life of the saw. [email protected]

kdhotsaw

kdhotsaw

Yoda
Hello Huskyman,
We have been using the 385 husky for about 2 months now .One of the local husky shops loans them to the fallers for a week to use. they really like them but if they have been running our modified 372's they like the 372 better. We have modified 2 385's and they do run pretty strong. Also modified some 395's but husky used the 394 case so they don't have the big lower transfers like the 372 and 385 cases do so they dont get quite as much of a power increase.The quad transfers and large lower transfer loops really help on the power output. KDHOTSAW

HUSKYMAN

HUSKYMAN

Addicted to ArboristSite
Are you saying the modifed 372's are putting out more power than the 385's or that for the weight they just like the 372's better? Also does that have anything to do with the fact that you have had a lot more time to experiment and r&d with the 372's than the 385's? I figured the 395 was just a slightly improved version of the 394 and not a redesign like the 385 and 372. I think with a little tinkering you will be able to get the 385 to smoke a 395, and then I might have to order one and shipped to your house for some mods:D

HomeDelight Man

HomeDelight Man

ArboristSite Operative
Hey Huskyman, if you decide to buy a 385 and send it to Ken that would be the best decision you ever made. I have a hot Homelite 8800 that Ken massaged for me, never looked back. It runs a 8 tooth 3/8" sprocket and still has plenty of extra power. I love it, I hate to say it but I don't bother to much with the other Homelites in my fleet now that I have my Kennized 8800. Yahoo!!! Jonathan:blob2:
this is the face my red 8800 makes when it sees wood:angry:

kdhotsaw

kdhotsaw

Yoda
Hello Homelite 360 and Home Delight man,
So jonathan and andrew, If i purchase some homelite red paint and paint my 3120 husky with it it will run as strong as jonathan's homelight 2100 hotsaw?

kdhotsaw

kdhotsaw

kdhotsaw

Yoda
Hello Huskyman,
Well i think fallers like their 372's and might be hesitant to change. the 385 is almost 1 cubic inch bigger so when we get all the bugs out it will outcut the 372. the 372 is 2 pounds lighter and there isn't that much big timber left so after 3-4 hours they like the lighter saw. just finished a 394 that we opened the lower part of the transfers and the transfers of a 395 barrel , installed a larger rubber boot and ht-1 tillotson carb off a 084 stihl and it seems remarkably strong. we'll find out in a couple of weeks when we run it in the local competition
kdhotsaw

Gypo Logger

Gypo Logger

Timber Baron
Does anyone have any saws by Madsens out there, and if so, how do they run? Should I send a 346 to Madsens first then Ken, or to Walkers first then Dennis, or to Madsens then Dozer Dan?
Do these saw builders actually tune the power, as one would tune a piano?
Frank's Planks

dbabcock

dbabcock

Hi Tech Redneck
No, you should first send your 346 to Ken, then you don't have to worry about sending it to anyone else. When you do this, make sure and ammend your last will and testament with a note to this effect so that your great great grandchildren can have the saw carbon dated when they receive it. It'll probably be worth huge money by that time.

Latest posts