PowerSharp!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PowerSharp chain, after 3rd or 4th sharpening, on 40V battery saw, fresh maple.

Philbert

No arguing with that!

I *like* powersharp. Works as advertised. I think...been thinking about it..might get a system for a truck saw.
Thought about toting the oregon batt saw around, but..hard to replace, not many used ones out there, so I'll get a system for one of my ten buck poulans instead.

The 3/8ths lowprofile won't work for you?

I kinda sorta want the opposite, full size 3/8ths.

I have not tried. The 340 uses .325 .058 bar and chain, would be nice to convert it to take a Powersharp setup but honestly I do not know enough about that.

I have not tried. The 340 uses .325 .058 bar and chain, would be nice to convert it to take a Powersharp setup but honestly I do not know enough about that.

Well, you would have to find a drive spur sprocket or rim sprocket and clutch drum setup for 3/8ths low pro. One of the sponsors might know, or someone else here. I know some of the poulans are 3/8ths low pro, maybe one of those might fit. Heck, just email oregon and ask them, they make all that stuff, including the powersharp system.

Well I got an answer:

The PowerSharp system will not work on this saw. We do not offer a 3/8 sprocket and the motor mounts will not match for the bars.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Rebecca Somerville

Technical Customer Service

OCSD / Blount International

phone 503-653-4667/ fax 503-353-3206

800-223-5168 / fax 866-352-2346

[email protected]

Well I got an answer:

The PowerSharp system will not work on this saw. We do not offer a 3/8 sprocket and the motor mounts will not match for the bars.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Rebecca Somerville

Technical Customer Service

OCSD / Blount International

phone 503-653-4667/ fax 503-353-3206

800-223-5168 / fax 866-352-2346

[email protected]

Well, that sucks.

The easiest alternative is sell that saw, find another small saw that will fit a powersharp 3/8ths lowpro system. Give ya an excuse for a new thread, "hey, which saw to replace my husky 340, etc" Just find the list of saws they *do* cover with powersharp first. Heck, chances are good someone here will have one used.

edit: product page here/selector guide

http://powersharp.com/lookups/selguide.aspx?busid=pwrshrp&sellreg=namer&langid=eng

Just a few huskies, but you can use a bunch of poulans and echoes. Echo cs400 might be a good alternative to your 340 for a modern designed saw. If you like older saws, they have a system for a poulan s25cva and similar, those are jamup nice cutting small saws, real nice really, and can still be found cheap.

They say there they have a .325 under development, with a contact waiting list.

I was always under the impression that the 340/345/350 Husqvarna series sold well in the day so a little surprised Oregon did not come out with a Powersharp for these from the get go.

Would have been cool with a 18" bar and made a decent fast sharpening combo for all around yard/Storm cleaning for residential use I thought.

Where on their site did you find that list?

Right at the link I posted, top of the page, first paragraph. Says they are working on it and a place to notify you when they are out.

Here, direct link

http://powersharp.com/powersharp_325contactus.asp

Ya, a lot of popular husky models don't have a powersharp system precisely because they shipped .325

I am still thinking a poulan 3/8ths low pro setup might be made to fit, then just a matter of making sure the adjuster holes fit, might take some grinding. guys make odd bars fit odd saws all the time around here.

Or like I said, go through a ton of models they have on that first link, pick a saw that they make a powersharp for, there's a lot.

PowerSharp Bump (and opportunity)!

I like the PowerSharp system. I understand that it is not for everybody, but I think that a lot of folks who would really benefit from having it on their saws are not aware of it or 'don't get it'. That's a marketing issue for Oregon. Anyway, I have been able to score several PowerSharp starter kits (guide bar/sharpening cassette/chain/stone) and replacement chain/stone kits on clearance for under $20 at several 'big box' retailers. I have seen similar deals on eBay. In Minnesota, we call this 'a heckuva deal'!

So, if you have been curious about PS, or know someone who would benefit from a low maintenance cutting/sharpening solution, this might be a good thing to look for (even to squirrel away for a holiday gift). As some others have noted, even if you decide after trying it that you prefer conventional chain, you still get a guide bar in the deal!

I'm still waiting for the .325 version to come out . . .

Philbert

Am I missing something or just a product that you either LOVE or HATE?

I've thought of this as being like Romco products and infomercials pitched by Ron Popeil.

Am I missing something or just a product that you either LOVE or HATE?

I've thought of this as being like Romco products and infomercials pitched by Ron Popeil.

That was actually the point of these PS threads: People who may have been skeptical, but actually trying/using the chain before making an opinion.

Philbert

Philbert asked me to show you guys some stuff I have so here you go.
It's kind of pic heavy.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 35
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 36
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 35
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 35
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 33
Here's some cool advertising from a few of my catalogs. Most are late 60s to early 70s. There's also a power-sharp conversion / startup kit I have a few of. It's actually in my us cleaner right now, but I have a full roll of the 404 58g chain to go with it all. Kind of a neat set.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 20
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 22
404 powersharp, wow! Had no idea. Used to have an electric craftsman with PS, and I simply don't remember the pitch, but I don't think it was 404..but..dunno. Was not a big saw but cut well and the PS system worked as advertised.

Latest posts

Back