PP330 broke, get an ms290?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, not really - as someone else said, you are over-simplying things. No brands are consistently better than other brands - you have to look at every single model. ;)[/QUOT

Stihls are way better, end of discussion.....................

No, not really - as someone else said, you are over-simplying things. Only Husky brand saws are consistently better than other brands - you have to use every single model and not just look at pictures and spec sheets of saws. ;)

There I fixed it for ya it sounds more like you :taped:

Hey! 066blaster Someone just made a post about their 066 taking a dump. Why don't you go lend all your WISDOM to that thread. That ought to be good for a laugh or two.:laugh:

Gregg,

you poulan guys shouldnt be allowed to talk with people that use big boy saws.

If you wear chaps,face shield,and helmet to rake leaves,"you might just own a poulan":msp_biggrin:

This thread has turned to childish internet forum gibberish, just let this turd sink. The O.P is likely far gone. The PP330 is a great saw,
I had one, sold it, but wished that I had kept it, I would encourage the O.P. to fix it if it is not too expensive.

As far as the bickering goes, I guess this beats an oil thread......

This thread has turned to childish internet forum gibberish, just let this turd sink. The O.P is likely far gone. The PP330 is a great saw,
I had one, sold it, but wished that I had kept it, I would encourage the O.P. to fix it if it is not too expensive.

As far as the bickering goes, I guess this beats an oil thread......

Stihl oil is best...that being said, have a great day.......:rock:

Just move on buddy...you obviously have never been around a good poulan and you obviously do not have a clue the 290 is a P.O.S.;)

Your right, I dont know anything...

Like John said, take a hike, were trying to help a fella get his saw fixed and you aint helping anything with your nonsense.

I thought this guy was banned!!! I WAS enjoying this thread.:mad2:

I think what they ^^^ are trying to say is....

[video=youtube;0rEsVp5tiDQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rEsVp5tiDQ[/video]

Aw, come on guys!

Don't run this oaf off, the only thing I find more fun than slapping an idiot around is slapping an idiot that is too stupid to know when you slap him around!!!LOL

The thing I look forward to is when and if he ever gets to a GTG and gets his 066 spanked royally by a 4200!!!
I hope someone is standing there with a video camera!

Mike

What a shame for this thread! A poor fellow looking for help and then the last pages are muddied into oblivion because some self proclaimed ¨know it all¨ comes onto the scene. I hope the original thread regains it`s original path!
I hope a mod comes by and hopefully makes an end to this absolut idiotisity!

Just so you will know (for future reference, if you last that long) I finished up a Poulan Pro 330 today and it is running a 20" bar with .325 @ .050 chain with a 7 pin sprocket. This saw REALLY needs an 8 pin because it is barely loading up. There is no port work, just a muffler mod and that is all. Now my ported 330 is lots faster than this one, it's running 3/8 on a 22" and will bury the bar in oak any day and just keep on pulling.

There are a couple of guys on this forum that have run my "Super 330" (ported) and I think they will attest that you want no part of it with your "290".

[video=youtube_share;4QA4z9dD6ZQ]http://youtu.be/4QA4z9dD6ZQ[/video]

What a shame for this thread! A poor fellow looking for help and then the last pages are muddied into oblivion because some self proclaimed ¨know it all¨ comes onto the scene. I hope the original thread regains it`s original path!
I hope a mod comes by and hopefully makes an end to this absolut idiotisity!

You know, that might seem like the thing to do at first, but if that happens we would lose this record of his woeful ignorance. Best to leave it just like it is so there can be no doubt that he is nothing more than an ignorant troll!
JMHO

Mike

This guy has so many stupid post with no clue if you go back and read them. I like this one. :hmm3grin2orange:

I only used the 25 inch bar on the 290 when I needed it for big stuff the 18 it came with is good for everyday cutting . but the saw with pull the 25 quite nicely with the mod. dont hesitate to get a bigger bar for a 290 if you need one. I wouldnt go over 25. hell get a bigger bar cause it looks cool if nothing else.

If you read he just got the 066 and not wanting to rebuild the carb and is trying to fix it.

Now a 25" on a REAL saw looks cool. Not on a plastic wannabe :laugh:;)

Kev20101678.jpg

Just so you will know (for future reference, if you last that long) I finished up a Poulan Pro 330 today and it is running a 20" bar with .325 @ .050 chain with a 7 pin sprocket. This saw REALLY needs an 8 pin because it is barely loading up. There is no port work, just a muffler mod and that is all. Now my ported 330 is lots faster than this one, it's running 3/8 on a 22" and will bury the bar in oak any day and just keep on pulling.

There are a couple of guys on this forum that have run my "Super 330" (ported) and I think they will attest that you want no part of it with your "290".

[video=youtube_share;4QA4z9dD6ZQ]http://youtu.be/4QA4z9dD6ZQ[/video]

try it in something that aint rotten, dont impress me one bit

Last edited:
try it in something that aint rotten, dont impress me one bit

Here's an even better idea.
Why don't you take your 25" bar 290 and $500.00 to Louisiana and have a race in that rotten stuff?
I'll back Randy (not that he needs my help) and buy lunch before we drop you off at the Salvation Army shelter!

Mike

Latest posts

Back