PP385XP Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ben, you seem like a very opinionated member!!! From what I've read on this board the members who have had work done by Walkers are more than happy with the results and have no regrets about the cash paid. Me, myself, I have never had work done by them, how 'bout you? I doubt it, so maybe it's time to stop bashing their work. Members like you are the reason John prolly doesn't post much anymore!!!!! I have talked to John on the phone and he seems like a gentleman and was more than willing to help, I'm sure many other members feel the same way!!!!!

Jeff :angry:

Dennis the man

Hello dan and ben.
dennis is a diplomat, a nice dipolmat, that being said I'll have to say He's sent me a few of his saws and the porting and machine work is excellent. Darn fast saws also. I also think that for the money walker's saws are very good also. nice job on the mufflers. On some of the saws I do close to half of the improved times come from the muffler work. But if you really want to consistly cut fast work on your square filing. If two saws are close in cutting power the best square filer is going to win the contest
ken
[email protected]
530-589-2744

P.S. Ben, You can buy one of walker's, dennis, or my saws and reverse engineer it but you'll have to build a few of that model before you learn the in's and out's. you'll probably end up with a couple of barrels that make nice paper weights for your shop at first. You make it sound like its real simple like building the 1 hour, self sharpening chain

I have had saw's built by all of the sponsoring builders from this site. Walkers builds a wonderful saw's for what they charge and really good folks to deal with,
Dennis builds a "super" great saw, I feel you get you moneys worth with him and not too bad of a guy to deal with LOL.
Dan builds a mean saw, For what Dan charges I feel you get more than what you paid for, (the time being anyhow may change as he gets more business) Dose every thing in house " Fast" and good . Ken well enough said he is the master you get what you pay for,Busy man .

Walkers was always good to me, and I was very pleased with the gains I got over stock. I wish I had discovered them sooner.
Some of us are always wanting more though, so thats why I go to other saw builders like Dennis and Ken. Sure we can do muffler mods ourselves, but Walkers make it look like part and parcel of the stock saw.
John

Yukon, I never bashed walkers. Just said Idont see the value in there work when most of there gainsa come from muffler work.

Kd, Iwont be trying my hand at porting anytime soon as I have already been there done that. I have zero skills with a porting tool.

I agree John Walker and the whole Walker family are a great bunch of people to deal with and try their hardest to help you get what your looking for,I also agree with what Gypo is saying alot of their mufflers blend right in with the saw..As for tearing down any of the builders saws I personally would rather pay the money to all of you to do the job because I like to help the so called "little guys" out there make their living..I hope this makes sense to everyone I just want to see the builder keep on building these Bad A$$ saws for all of us...

Later Rob..

Now thats what I like to hear..Mine will be here on Monday so I cantry it out since it got some Power Porting..:D

Later Rob..

Huskyracer those aren't wooden clogs are they?:eek: You'd think they'd be like a magnet to the chainsaw.

Yeah Toddppma, that's right. Believe it or not, wooden clogs are officially classified as safety footwear in the Lowlands.
They attract chips like a magnet...
The advantage of wooden clogs is that it takes some time before the chisel meets the flesh :dizzy:

We don't work, we're loggin':D

Are the US and CA saws both subject to EPA regulations?
Compared to your 385XP my European 385 XPG has a different stock muffler with a front outlet instead of the top outlet.

Well I just got my PP385XP back from Dan I'll time some cuts with it tomorrow to let you all know how it is and I'll try to get some pics up asap also..

later Rob.

Well I did'nt get to time any cuts with it today because I could'nt get anyone to come outside to help but I did make a few cuts with it in some 15" DBH Frozen White Pine and I can tell you one thing there is definetly a big difference compared to what it was before..Here's a pic I took after I was done..I had to kick a little snow away from the little Pine pile where the chips were flyin'..

later Rob..

Last edited:
A little off topic but here's a pic of me and my sister about 2 months ago out front of my house..Not chainsaw related though sorry..

Later Rob..

Last edited:
Rob,
Glad to here your 385 turned out ok. I personaly had no doubt.
Dan dose a wonderfull job and he is fast !!!! having every thing in house to get the job done makes it happen like that.
BTW your sister is more than welcome to come to the ECC also !!!

Back