PP385XP Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eric I would haul her down with me but I don't think she could handle all the noise plus she does'nt like saws :mad: :angry: but she likes 'em when I come and drop a bunch of trees for her for nuthin' ya know....I can't wait to time this bad boy ...

Later Rob.

Rob,
Do timed cut's really mean any thing ? You can time you saw all day long. (and say wow that was fast).
Myself I take'em to the woods and do some real cutting with them.
In all honisty ,If it was me I would go to the wood's cut some fiber that will tell the tail.

Eric,

To tell you the truth I feel the same way I care more about what it will accomplish in the woods more than what it will cut for times but it would still be nice to know though..I'll keep in touch.I will care more about times when I go to the ECC though you can bet your a$$ I'll have the PP385XP and 3120XPG with me..

Later Rob..

PP385

Rob
I am glad that you like the performance of your 385's ,they actually take to porting very well.
When you are ready to have your next saw ported,you can save some money on the shipping cost if you have your sister run it down here for you.She can wait here until its done,but then it might take me a few weeks to complete it.
It would be interesting to see the times of your cuts with the PP385,maybe you can also run the 3120 at the same time and compare the two?
Later
Dan

Dan,

I did notice a very big difference right from the minute I started the saw,as far as the times go I'll have to try and get someone out to run a stop watch but it's been so cold up here lately no one wants to leave their house so I'll see what I can do.If I can't get them timed today I won't be able to do it till atleast Sunday or Monday tomorrow I'm going in for surgery so I'll be out of commission for a few days..If you want I'll have her bring the saws down for ya..LOL.You can keep her if you want..:D

Later Rob..

nice pics Rob, glad to see that you got a scanner so you can post pics!!!:angel:

bwalker said:
Yukon, I never bashed walkers. Just said Idont see the value in there work when most of there gainsa come from muffler work.

Kd, Iwont be trying my hand at porting anytime soon as I have already been there done that. I have zero skills with a porting tool.

I don't understand.

fred

Hi Ben ,

My saw took to porting just fine , after three years of cutting my 385 is still running just fine , could use a rebuild as it's been lacking a lil power but I have had no trouble so to speak of to date . Im very pleased with the work Dan did to my saw , and would send another out if I were hand cutting full time again .

Rob

Back