Ppe

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The most damage we see to our STIHL helmet systems is from getting smushed into the equipment trailers between use.

Visors and ear muffs get broken or bent. Much more awkward to store than a plain hard hat without the dangling accessories. But the attached visor and ear muffs more convenient to wear. We replace parts, but it is an on-going maintenance issue.

I once saw a bicycle rental trailer at a park that stored their rental bike helmets in a mesh hammock, hanging from the trailer ceiling. I thought about trying that, but that space is already full of other stuff.

Philbert

Where I work the guys are issued safety gear - Class 3 high viz apparel, gloves and helmet with muffs and screen. They are expected to keep and maintain that gear and always have it with them. When not working that gear is supposed to be stored in their locker, not left in a truck or anyplace else. Far fewer maintenance problems that way.

by thw time I was 16 I had more time on a saw and logging than many on here who are 50 years old. Don't be giving a Maieack kid grief.

That is awesome Tramp Bushler! Did you use that Arctic Cat snowmobile when you logged when you were a kid.

A hard hat is what you wear to work in. A helmet is what you wear to ride a motor bike. Or Sky dive. . Helmets have built in chin straps. .

They put a real man in mind of thngs like college edjucations, half wrap handle bars. , Short bars, tuckin your pants into your boots. Bein on the dole, slopeing back cuts, Ect.Ect.Ect.

:kilt::kilt::msp_laugh:

A hard hat is what you wear to work in. A helmet is what you wear to ride a motor bike. Or Sky dive. . Helmets have built in chin straps. .

They put a real man in mind of thngs like college edjucations, half wrap handle bars. , Short bars, tuckin your pants into your boots. Bein on the dole, slopeing back cuts, Ect.Ect.Ect.

Haha! You have something to say for everything! LOL!

Uh, what?

Yes! Last time I wore a helmet I was playing football in High School. At work a tin hat

At work a tin hat

tin hat?

TinMan.jpg

Just found a nice old 6-point Mac-T. Geeze. What a bummer. That suspension can't go out far enough for a big ol' noggin like mine without smashing leatherette and aluminum into my scalp. The 4-point is definitely an improvement, style points notwithstanding. I like my old 4-point Mac-T better than my Skull Bucket, but I'm "officially" not allowed to wear it at work. Aluminum full-brim is my preference and I always wear one except on the fireline where I'm required to wear plastic; for that I have a good full-brim Bullard. Full-brim not only keeps rain off the shoulders but also sun off the face and neck and debris out of the shirt.

I fully agree with the statement that "the best PPE is the stuff that you will wear". I'd no doubt have been whanged a few times if I didn't have the option of a tin hat as I'd be looking for every possible excuse to not wear anything at all, rather than plastic.

I just drilled holes in my six point where the four point would be, and used 7/32 machine bolts for the rivets.

:clap: WaHoo! Just made it under the wire. Checking on my SkullBucket order status, and CRICorps dropped their sale as of today from $39 back to $69, and all the Silver fullbrims are kapoot, soldout, as best I could tell.
They've boxed my silver one up, and it will soon be out the door.

:clap: WaHoo! Just made it under the wire. Checking on my SkullBucket order status, and CRICorps dropped their sale as of today from $39 back to $69, and all the Silver fullbrims are kapoot, soldout, as best I could tell.
They've boxed my silver one up, and it will soon be out the door.

Good deal. Send it out here before you wear it and I'll make sure it gets some real salty looking genuine logger woods rash on it. I'll send it back when it looks authentic...like this one: :msp_biggrin:

P5301750-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back