Predictions for the new A.S.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AS is becoming more and more and more and more about adds. It's to the point now that only half of a page is actual threads. At this rate there isn't going to be room for a forum in a couple years. It feels like they don't give two hoots about us forum members or chainsaws and only care about how much money they can make off the forum.

you clearly have absoultely no idea whatsoever how much time and money goes into maintaining a website of this size

Man, I miss my starbursts already...

Anyone a member of TheDieselStop.com? They were an AMAZINGLY popular Ford Diesel site and had a site "upgrade"... ended up losing almost all their regular visitors to other websites... Hope AS can tough it out.

I am going to have to get the bearings replaced in my mouse wheel, wearing them out
scrolling down through all this wasted space.

Is this directed at me?

I tried to search some of your posts, only could see 8...

Real priceless gems...

Talk about rep, being a rep ho, lots of smilies, real deep content there..........

you clearly have absoultely no idea whatsoever how much time and money goes into maintaining a website of this size

I have an idea, as I run a (admitedly much small 2,600+ member forum). I have no problems with the ads, really for me it is just the new layout. I don't mind the ads any more now than I did on the old theme (which I think had the same amount of ads anyway). The issue is that between the ads AND the cruddy new layout, things are getting distracting and the forum isn't as "comfortable" as it was before.

Certainly is a different look for AS
one thing i noticed is the posts all sort of blend together........not as clear cut

can one change the color of its page or is this it?

attachment.php
Trying the posting pics feature......

Need to relearn this too.......

attachment.php

Last edited:
This new format really sucks, can't read the thread subject due to the faded green font.

1: No I don't know why you would think that. I was refering to the huge amount of white space that seporates the posts.

2: many of my 1527 plus posts had a lot of content, I work in engineering and tend to
over analize and over explain things...they are gone...you might have been able to find something useful or perhaps not....

3: The priceless gem without any text was my contribution to a thread about "Nothing" sorry you found it offensive. I often try to follow the theme of any given thread rather than hijack it.

I think I will do you and all the other members here a favor. I am going to take my 61 year old Ignorant and Babbling sorry ass down the road. Here you can have the space I have been wasting....

Sorry, I just thought you were singling my post out as a waste of space.

Yes, I am touchy, my fuse is short, as other things.

I apologize, please forgive me.

Well, the last time the site changed, everyone was pissed too.

As with any changes they do on me on E-Bay, I hate to spend the time
to re-learn how to do things.

I just hope that the search function isn't totally ruined.

SS will become the super moderator due to his post count, and the rest will be undecided :hmm3grin2orange:

Yep. Conservatives and predictably #####y any time something in their fragile little world changes, regardless of whether it's better. :laugh:

Have you tried a search or tried putting up a pic?

I tried both and didn't get too far. My computer skills are quite basic, takes a long time
to figure things out.

If you have any tips on search or posting pics, please let me know,
Thanks

Looks like those stupid smilies are easy enough.

I just hope that the search function isn't totally ruined.

Wouldn't that effectively "fix it"?:bang:

Good thread, Fish. And a long drunken weekend ahead should be providing an endless stream of interesting fodder abundantly spewed from/for the masses across the new and improved AS landscape to the intellectual amazement/amusement of all!:cheers:

My favorite part will be when Sneller Nation rises to the occasion. Seem a little slow so far, 'cept the sponsor complaining right out of the box. Musta been all that rep and starburst action just turning into a few little green dots.

3, 2, 1,...."Boom goes the dynamite."

Now where's my hat?

Happy New Year, Gang.:cheers:

Poge

Last edited:
Back