Preferred ship auger for cabling/bracing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ATH

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Have you tried multiple brands and found one to be better than others? I need a 9/16" x 24" long. Have found plenty of options, but was hoping a few folks have comparative experience. Choice #1 right now is from TreeStuff (Eliminator brand) just because I like ordering from them. I can get WoodOwl or Irwin brand for about the same price from Amazon. They are more at Sherrill and Wesspur (don't list brand names on either site).

Any successes using an extension with a shorter auger? I have a 12". A simple extension bar won't work because the shank is 7/16", so the collar of the extension will be larger than 9/16" hole. I am assuming I just need to fork out the $65 and buy the auger, but open to suggestion.

A friend thought he had and extra 9/16" bit that he got at an auction in a box with others and was going to weld an extension shaft..but no such luck so I need to buy one and might as well buy a 24".

Yes, the first job will pay for it...but it would also pay for a lower cost :)

Back