premix ratio

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rubicon_1

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Does anyone run their premix different than the manufacturer recommends? My saw is suppose to run at 50:1. Would 40:1 or 30:1 be adventageous for extended engine life? Or does it just lead to more fouled plugs and carbon build up?

Does anyone run their premix different than the manufacturer recommends? My saw is suppose to run at 50:1. Would 40:1 or 30:1 be adventageous for extended engine life? Or does it just lead to more fouled plugs and carbon build up?
I'll give you the quick reply, run good oil at the recommended ratio & it'll do just fine, some on here ( me included) run a lot of different oils at a lot of different ratios. We do have a premix expert on here Gary Gasoline that loves to talk about oil/mix:) it's his favorite subject:)

Good oil mix at oil manufactures recommendations and your good to go. Just make sure the carb is set correctly for conditions. Having said that I WOULD NOT mix leaner than 50:1 ever.

Latest posts

Back