Price check--Husky 562XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kind of tired of waiting and would rather have the 560xp, not the 562xp...

I don't really need a larger saw, but I might just get a 372xp. Since I already have a 357xp and the 346xp is about all I really need. :hmm3grin2orange:

What's MSRP on the MS362, not what you can get one for?

Go for it Don :chainsaw:. It seemed like when I got the bigger saws, the bigger wood came....Although A 346xp would do about 90% of my needs....but I hate cutting from both sides.:)

What's MSRP on the MS362, not what you can get one for?
MSRP...$679.95 with 20" bar....should be about the same for you.
We're both in the Southeast.
(and if it's anything like where I'm at...don't look for dealer discount.)
:cheers:
J2F

Last edited:
I know where some 372 xp's nib are still setting, I know 750 cash will buy one, there is no way in hell I would pay that for a 60cc saw.
I could prolly take my time and find two clean 361's for that price, or better yet add a 100 and buy a new 440.
I can pretty much guarantee it wouldn't even get close to the 440's performance. If Husky is actually going to set msrp at that price they are going to miss a **** load of sales, even at 700.00 it's not a value, it makes more sense to step up to a 70cc saw.
I was kind of interested, but at that price count me out, I'll buy another 440 or one of the left over 372's for that price.

I know where some 372 xp's nib are still setting, I know 750 cash will buy one, there is no way in hell I would pay that for a 60cc saw.
I could prolly take my time and find two clean 361's for that price, or better yet add a 100 and buy a new 440.
I can pretty much guarantee it wouldn't even get close to the 440's performance. If Husky is actually going to set msrp at that price they are going to miss a **** load of sales, even at 700.00 it's not a value, it makes more sense to step up to a 70cc saw.
I was kind of interested, but at that price count me out, I'll buy another 440 or one of the left over 372's for that price.

Not so sure about this. 357s were up near 700 for a while and there seem to be plenty of them out there, even the newer ones.

I too am hoping it will be less. But they tend to know something. If this were total suicide for their sales then they wouldn't be doing it.

We wont know the price until they hit the shelves. If it's a lot lighter
than the 372, they'll be a good market for them.

I have no problem with your point, but it doesn't really matter when what you need is a well handling 60cc saw! :D:msp_wink:

Troll, I already own the best 60cc saw ever made.:msp_wink:
It'll take a hell of a saw to convince me it's better than the 361 we have used the snot out of, it's cut more wood than most people will cut in a life time for themselves. I'm sure it will be a great saw, at that price it's just a no go. I'd rather spend the money on sending a good 50cc saw like the 346 or 261 to a good porter and have a 50cc saw that cuts like a stock 70cc saw.
Just think what they could do to the market if they mixed margin out across the whole line and put the 562 out on the market at 599.99-625.00, Husky would own the 60cc market the way the 361 did. It would gain them some valuable market share on a popular size saw.
Husky's problem has never been building a great product, their marketing department is still in the stone age compared to their competitor, until they get it fixed, Stihl will continue to be the dominant market leader. Stihl has always had 10x the marketing strategy, Husky needs to fire every sob in marketing and shell out some big coin and recruit one of Stihl's top marketing guys away and follow his lead for five years, it's the only way they will ever gain on numero uno.

Alot of people don't give the 362 it's due either. Yea, I ran a few that were pretty much new and was'nt impressed either. Not until I ran my friends 362 thats been ran alot (he says 40 tanks now) and is muff modded. That saw is a real beast! Balances so well with that 20" bar that it actually feels lighter than my 361. My 361 id muff modded too and it just wont quite hang with that broken in 362.

I like it so much more that my 361 is about to go up for sale or trade, for a 362 of course. :D

I think that 90% of the cats here that have ran them and give opinion on them have never ran one thats broken in good. He told me after about 15 tanks it just started waking up and it's gains more power every time he runs it. Said he never babied it for break in, just ran the snot out of it right out of the box. I'm tellin ya, it's impressive. I'm going to try to get back up there to video that sucker against my 361. I know it's not the chain because I always could outsharpen him. :D We fell timber together back in the day.

Alot of people don't give the 362 it's due either. Yea, I ran a few that were pretty much new and was'nt impressed either. Not until I ran my friends 362 thats been ran alot (he says 40 tanks now) and is muff modded. That saw is a real beast! Balances so well with that 20" bar that it actually feels lighter than my 361. My 361 id muff modded too and it just wont quite hang with that broken in 362.

I like it so much more that my 361 is about to go up for sale or trade, for a 362 of course. :D

I think that 90% of the cats here that have ran them and give opinion on them have never ran one thats broken in good. He told me after about 15 tanks it just started waking up and it's gains more power every time he runs it. Said he never babied it for break in, just ran the snot out of it right out of the box. I'm tellin ya, it's impressive. I'm going to try to get back up there to video that sucker against my 361. I know it's not the chain because I always could out sharpen him. :D We fell timber together back in the day.

Waiting for the video comparison!!!
I know you're "straight up" and if ya say you're gonna sell/trade
your 361 in for one...well...it really must be "da real deal" for sure!!
J2F

Husky's problem has never been building a great product, their marketing department is still in the stone age compared to their competitor, until they get it fixed, Stihl will continue to be the dominant market leader.

Could not agree more! Add in a little training for the people that sell their saws too. Simple things like "this is how you put on a chain" and "now eventually someone will ask you what this little button on the side is, you can tell them it is a decompression valve." How about this, when you come up with a cool name for the new technology, like "X-torq," make sure your dealers know WTF it is and can explain it to potential customers! Now that my Husky rant is over I can go back to happily running their saws.

Maybe the 555 or whatever will be a little cheaper. If it's built like the 359 was compared to the 357 that might be what I would pick to pair up with a 90cc saw. It should run a 20" well. I really hope they will come out in the large mount husky so the bars for the 372 will fit. I can't see me spending over about $550 for a sub 70cc saw. The last new 372 I bought was $680 and that was just last year.

I did see a new 361 a few weeks ago setting on the shelf at a hardware/stihl dealer in the area I was working in. Figured there wouldn't hardly be any saws left at the dealers after all the storms and that tornad they had but there were plenty at most of them.

Maybe the 555 or whatever will be a little cheaper. If it's built like the 359 was compared to the 357 that might be what I would pick to pair up with a 90cc saw. It should run a 20" well. I really hope they will come out in the large mount husky so the bars for the 372 will fit. I can't see me spending over about $550 for a sub 70cc saw. The last new 372 I bought was $680 and that was just last year.

I did see a new 361 a few weeks ago setting on the shelf at a hardware/stihl dealer in the area I was working in. Figured there wouldn't hardly be any saws left at the dealers after all the storms and that tornad they had but there were plenty at most of them.

You're right and I haven't given it much thought, but the 555 might be a good option.

If the 555 is built like an xp saw without the sticker and xp price then it will be a good value.

Sorry to get off topic,,, just glad to see You are making it OK after the Tornado's and all up your way, your 460 should arrive soon:msp_smile:

Latest posts

Back