Price for Racing Chain?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Tommy, glad you like my filing, anyway, I just got off the phone with my ole buddy Art and he said all you guys can't file, so he gave me some pointers and here is what I came up with.
John

i guess that means that i cannot file either
i guess i must be doing it wrong cause i have never came up with anything even close to that
i guess i missed the boat

as far as the 3120 stroker goes i only have a couple of ideas left
the one i know will make them faster but i think that is it
the only way after that right now to go faster is either a tom chain or buy stop watches that divide the real time inhalf
that would help

Hey Art, we are all loggers in some way, shape or form, how can we forget about the trees we dumped or the women we have pleasured. The history of America was never made on lowly tree climbers, but rather on railroaders, miners, trappers, adventurers, loggers and timber tramps. So I guess what I am trying to say, is that Dennis Cahoon and Tommy Fales are unsavory charactors, and why wouldn't they be? Dubs, useless members of society.
Big Tall Paul

Last edited:
dang john .. if capt.. ahab had that chain,,
the story woulda hada different ending..huh. yall do know that moby is still out there.u can make u self famous john..

Hey Gypo America was founded on fur, Beaver trappers started the the big boom. By the way where is Beaver girl Been. Time for me to get ready for the big race.

Gypo:

Looks like that chain of yours would really tear up the wood! You neglected to qote a price for such work. I can understand you not wanting the price generally known in case you want to discount to your Buddys. Please send me a price in strict confidence.

Not being able to modify the chassis would make quite a difference to time spent on a chain. I would think you guys that are winning with your chains are spending more time on them though than the ones you are willing to part with for $150.00. Unless you only do it for the love of it. Lol!

i got some race chain for sale. only 25 bucks a tooth. it will cut through a 36" hard balsa in under 1 second. plus you don't have to resharpen, just flip it around and run it backwards, thus saving your files for when you rock out. just call 666-666-6666. all calls will be forwarded to the national do not call registry.

Last edited:
hop up

Definitly the cranium hop up. Saw ran eaxactly the same but went from 15 seconds to 7.9 in first 2 races. 50 percent saw and 50 percent operator. In my case, more like 75/25.

Hoping for 5 sec this year.

ehp said:
there are more and more shows that will not let you touch your tie straps or thin your chain out now , in the state of west virgina
they will not let you run a saw at there shows with any work on the chassis period so any of you guys going to Webster beware
unless you are Melvin i seen him get away with it

Read this one!!More Bu!! Sh!t.But he will deny it.

HELSEL said:
Read this one!!More Bu!! Sh!t.But he will deny it.
Another one of

EHP = Eds Helpful Pointers
EHP = Even Higher Prices
EHP = Eds Hacked Products

john,
that sure is some pretty chain you have there. what did you sharpen it with, a cutting torch? :laugh:
up this way most shows will not let you get into anything but the cutter. i got DQ'ed in a Pa show because i knicked a side strap. forget trying to file the rivots.
sure have missed you guys, been busy teaching and putting together a new safety class. marty

I think there are plenty of chains out there, but are you going to pay the price for it. You can get a decent chain if done off a grinder. You should exspect to pay 5 times that for a hand filed chain.

I'll try to get a few pics of Tommy's hand filed.

mike,
i have lent out some of my round filed chain just to see how my chisel file would go up against it(yes, the west coast guys got me chisel filing) i tried to sell it but it takes a long time to get them just right. since i've been chisel filing race chain the only round file i do is for the woods. marty

Mike Maas said:
I don't think there is much racing chain sold outright. My guess is the chain is lent to the racer, who then shares the purse at a predetermined percentage or amount.

Hey Mike....I'll sell you a race chain! How much you pay depends on how fast you want it....No lending!.......Hahahahahahahahahahahahha!

Dennis Cahoon said:
Hey Mike....I'll sell you a race chain! How much you pay depends on how fast you want it....No lending!.......Hahahahahahahahahahahahha!
My point exactly!
If you think you are going up against me at any time, you won't sell me your best chain at any price!
And conversely, I wouldn't trust you to sell me a chain. I know I'd be getting barbed wire.
By sharing the purse, both filer and competitor will put their best effort forward.
Then at some point, the sawyer will want to cut the sharpener out of the profits, and will copy his work, then claiming to be the best "all around".
Meanwhile, the sharpener will be working on the next prospect. Very few people can be the best at all aspects of anything, so in the end, both will continue to be successful.

Latest posts

Back