Price for Racing Chain?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crofter

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
What figures have you heard of racing chains going for or is it a secret. Who are some of the active builders?

Frank

it depends on what you want ?
i sell my chains for $150 usa dollars for a 60 driver chain .

Crofter, make sure Squirrel pays you that $20.00, cause the price of a race is no secret, but it does depend on length and what type of chain, and what you want done! Making a complete chain can be as much as $700.00 and if you don't have time or dislike the guy who wants it, the quote can be much higher! A lot depends on the type of chain 3/8 or 1/2", also racing the Timbersports series you can't modify the chain chassis and this will make alittle less work. Just a touch up filing, $100 to $200, again depending on length. For a quick comparsion, a hand saw goes for about $1200 to $1500 depending on lenght, but think about this, you can win, at a good contest $500 to $600 for a stock chain race. A chain for Squirrel-PRICELESS! Dennis

Thanks Silly squirrel for your post.
I know its hard for brainwave guys like you to come down to my level but you are doing a great job , like i said thanks

there are more and more shows that will not let you touch your tie straps or thin your chain out now , in the state of west virgina
they will not let you run a saw at there shows with any work on the chassis period so any of you guys going to Webster beware
unless you are Melvin i seen him get away with it

Gypo, did my post have some value or information in it?? Just wanted to know, cause you probably are going to want to buy a race chain one of these days!!! especially if you come back to the west coast. Dennis

i guess my last chain i didnot charge enough
i had 22 hours in it
and yes your post had lots of good information in it Dennis
now has silly squirrel ever had anything to say that was something we didnot know and needed to hear

there was a show a while ago
they had the guys up on a 45 ft flat bed
they wre using bikesaws and no chain caughters
well one guys chain broke and killed a woman and it was thinned so now in west virginia no touching the chassic and no bike saws at shows only chainsaws with no go-cart parts

Hi Doug you and me are going to have to get together and show them that there is 2 of use not just one
sorry i forgot , that would be you and the 3 of me so that would make 4 right, god i am glad i didnot have to take my sock off that time

Don't anybody listen to the Three Stooges, nor Silly Squirrel.
I so happen to make the best chain in the land.
Check this out.
P.S., Dennis you are doing just fine.
Humphrey

Phoned the police
gypo what in the h#ll did you do to that poor tooth
that is just not fair and almost a crime

i see i am going to have to come down and set your grinder up
plus while i am thinking of it gypo grease that bearing on the outside axle before you move your skidder or we will be putting another new one in

who was that hammer sally
i thought the idea was to make the chain sharp and clean
that looks like one of those knifes they sell on late night TV
you know the one that will cut anything

to make his chain lighter
well Tom i think that is closer to making time stand still
but remember gypo is a smart man with that 6 million dollar contract , so before long he will be the man and both Tom and me will be getting our chains from him
now gypo you have alittle ways to go but you will figure it out

if gypo has from the faster wrist watch ,hell i have been doing it worry the whole time

Hi chainsaw nerds. Just got off the phone with TFJ and he gave me a few pointers on filing, so I followed them thru. Ed told me also to take rakers down to 85 thou. So this is what I came up with.
RJS, I ground into the side straps cause Cahoon told me to, something about chip clearance I guess.
John

Back