Pro Mac 610 at goodwill haha

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We used a Mac 610 back in the 1970's to cut firewood for 2 farm houses. I think my dad purchased it from the Monkey Wards catalog. It did a fine job and proved to be dead solid reliable for quite a few years. In 1980 we retired it when we purchased our Husqvarna 480CD which I still have today and it still runs as good as the day we bought it.

The Mac 610 sat in my dad's basement for several decades, we never found ourselves wanting to resurrect it and mom ended up selling it at a yard sale. Remarkably I filled it with fuel and it roared to life a few days before the sale. I cut up a Maple log that was down along their driveway. The saw was heavy, and "flat" power curve, but probably still out their cutting firewood for someone.......Cliff

We used a Mac 610 back in the 1970's to cut firewood for 2 farm houses. I think my dad purchased it from the Monkey Wards catalog. It did a fine job and proved to be dead solid reliable for quite a few years. In 1980 we retired it when we purchased our Husqvarna 480CD which I still have today and it still runs as good as the day we bought it.

The Mac 610 sat in my dad's basement for several decades, we never found ourselves wanting to resurrect it and mom ended up selling it at a yard sale. Remarkably I filled it with fuel and it roared to life a few days before the sale. I cut up a Maple log that was down along their driveway. The saw was heavy, and "flat" power curve, but probably still out their cutting firewood for someone.......Cliff
I still have my original 1977 sales receipt -- $169.95 for everything. Bought in central Connecticut, it still starts and runs fine today. Your Husky 480CD is a classic and probably cost twice that much in 1980. I recall back then that the Jonserud 90 would also beat the Mac Timberbear, but was much higher priced.

Can't remember what I paid for the 480CD but it was costly at the time, but worth every penny. You would NEVER find yourself reaching for a 610 if you owned one.

Got married the same year, still have the wife and the saw and both are for sale. The wife is the better deal for me, because in a week you'd pay me more to take her back!....LOL.......Cliff

Can't remember what I paid for the 480CD but it was costly at the time, but worth every penny. You would NEVER find yourself reaching for a 610 if you owned one.

Got married the same year, still have the wife and the saw and both are for sale. The wife is the better deal for me, because in a week you'd pay me more to take her back!....LOL.......Cliff
I hope your wife doesn't read this...

Latest posts

Back