Problems with Huskvarna and it's new T540

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think another 'moral of the story' to this issue is to deal with SITE SPONSERS from here, AS. I'm half a world away and are touched by the 'extra mile' a sponser gives you. They normally love saws as much as us thats why there on AS. They have their pride and reputation at stake every transaction. Other members will always point you in the right direction as to who to use for what the specific requirements are. This story is a stomach churner for all'chainsaw/husky enthusiast. When I cant get all the answers theres one place I KNOW I can.....that's why i'm here. Good luck with your saw you'll sought it out and when you do be sure to report back here and perhaps this accurrance will help us all be the wiser.

Bad parts happen especially in a high production environment. Manufactures account for this. If the saw has good spark good compression then it isn't the saw itself. Things do slip by you may have as been suggested got that one bad carb that slipped by and then again it may have benched fine electronically but an internal part slipped in transit. And I can understand dealers not having the equipment. Some places the tech has to buy their own tools out of pocket and stay up to date on new tech themselves. All dealers are not created equal.

And I can understand dealers not having the equipment. Some places the tech has to buy their own tools out of pocket and stay up to date on new tech themselves. All dealers are not created equal.
In this case, a dealer not having the equipment is not acceptable. I have a saw with a manufacturer warranty and they have authorized servicing dealers... I expect to be able to bring my AutoTune saw to any dealer for service. It's not an expensive tool (likely pays for itself on just a couple of saws) so there's no excuse for a dealer to not have one. Husqvarna needs to insist their dealers get up to speed.

I think another 'moral of the story' to this issue is to deal with SITE SPONSERS from here, snip .

This is not the moral of the story the way I see it. The place he got this saw from is a site sponsor. They have a banner that appears above the arborist site.com logo with the tree and another one lower down. These do rotate around but the logo currently suggests they are a place to buy Husqvarna Saws. There is another major sponsor here which lists a California version 338xpt but sends out new edition ones and has no intention of changing their listing policy. I see a Judge Judy avatar on the avatar in the management. For those who don't have to deal with those programs on tv she is a personality who seems to think she can tell who is telling the truth and who is not. At some point it the thing to watch is how the management of the web talk forum intervenes. It isn't like major sponsors of web talk sites have given folks the run around ever before.

Hey new medico, i bought my 540 from baileys and got a great price last year. I'm having the same exact problems with mine! I used it all day today, and I honestly have 5 tanks of gas thru it, bogs off idle, hard to start and the filter is soaked!! I was fighting not to make a football out of it today lol, I have a 441cm that's m tronic and I love it, but this auto tune seems to be junk, what ever happened with yours? Did u ever get it running right? I'd love to kno so I can have mine straightened out, hate to say it but it was great seeing your post lol cuz I was ready to throw that thing into a swamp after the $$ I spent on it!

Hi I work as a mechanic on chainsaws and use the diagnostic tool for this saw I had one of these saws in Monday and on testing all components found as we are a dealer for husquvarna we can contact tech guys with them this machine was found to have a faulty carb when a new carb is fitted it has to be programmed with the latest firmware to make it run also check the breather is ok and the pulse pipe is still connected any cause of a leak will generate a fault code

Hey malcolm, my dealer put a brand new carb on, a new impulse line and a fuel line, still bogging down even after a warm up, seems that if i warm it up for 10 min every time it runs ok, prollu never gonna buy a husky again....

Do you use the low ash 2 stroke oil and have you checked the spark arrester in muffler not blocked its a fine gauze if you don't use the low ash that husquvarn use it will carbon up

I regulary check the spark arrester and i only use husky xp oil with non ethanol gas, it jus really runs terrible, i have it at another dealer right now and hes lookin at it tryin to figure it out

2013 is the same year as the one I have problems another cause for concern are if you remove clutch sprocket and can get the. Crank seal out without damage they are prone for the crank bearing going what happens is the inner race of the bearing spins on the shaft wearing the crank allowing the machine to draw air through the seal this then causes the machine to bog as producing the wrong crank preasure I had a husquvarn 550xp do this and they covered it under warranty new crank and bearings they did not query it at all surprise suprise

When the crank seal is out on the clutch side if the machine is tipped on it side with the bearing face up spay a light oil and if you grab crank and play it up and down it will cause slight bubble in the oil it's only on the clutch side that's where the most preasure on crank is caused from the chain hope this help you after fitting a new crank on the 550 xp it was solved machine was running like new and as been for several months the saw is used by a arborist

Thanks malcom ill keep that in mind but to be honest when i get thos saw back im gonna sell it n buy somthing else before it breaks again lol

Back