Project Stumpbroke 395xp Stage 2

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I should be a good race, old school singles vs. quad ports.

I'm planning bringing the Oly but I need a short bar (lg mt stihl) and a 14 pin for the $ race. :msp_biggrin: And two pairs of chaps in case the chain breaks.

The dollar race log will require a 20" bar...
Sooooo....
I'm thinking this 395 will do just fine...
And stuff...
:msp_wink:

I don't have a 20" bar for this saw. My smallest bar for this saw is 32" I also use 36"

I've never had anything smaller than a 34" on mine... it's going to look awful funny with a 20". I think the power head will be longer than the bar.

I've never had anything smaller than a 34" on mine... it's going to look awful funny with a 20". I think the power head will be longer than the bar.

They do look "odd" with a 20"... I got a neighbor who uses that setup for firewood duty.
:msp_biggrin:

I'll bring as many as Doug will let me pack into his trailer. If I get time... I'll bring yours.

Sweet :rock: Does it live again? If you dont have room for everything I'm on your way. Just a couple hours south of Nathan

The carb metering lever was too high and not your issue but the coil was rubbing the flywheel.

That coil just got stuck on there last time I had it out. I tried another one to see if it had spark and it didn't so I just put that one back on. Wasn't paying much attention to it haha. Well that's good to hear. That's a different carb than the one that came with it. The original is on another saw. I have 3 or 4 of those walbro's and just grabbed one. Thank's again man I really appreciate it. That Oly look's pretty mean have you gone any further with it?

That coil just got stuck on there last time I had it out. I tried another one to see if it had spark and it didn't so I just put that one back on. Wasn't paying much attention to it haha. Well that's good to hear. That's a different carb than the one that came with it. The original is on another saw. I have 3 or 4 of those walbro's and just grabbed one. Thank's again man I really appreciate it. That Oly look's pretty mean have you gone any further with it?

Nope, I'm done with the Oly 9^3. I've spent enough time messing with it and I need to move on to other projects. It's just a GTG/shelf queen since it's really heavy and parts are scarce. I'll use the 288, 394 or a P62 for any real work but it will find it's way out of the garage for bucking once in a while. I just wanted to see what could be done with it and as it turns out... quite a lot.

Nope, I'm done with the Oly 9^3. I've spent enough time messing with it and I need to move on to other projects. It's just a GTG/shelf queen since it's really heavy and parts are scarce. I'll use the 288, 394 or a P62 for any real work but it will find it's way out of the garage for bucking once in a while. I just wanted to see what could be done with it and as it turns out... quite a lot.

There's a pickin hole of mine that the guy's there placed in the top 3 in world one year back in the 80's. All they run were Oly's and they flat scream. I've eye'd a couple and was hoping to grab them cheap but no cigar. That's a 6cuber isn't it?

There's a pickin hole of mine that the guy's there placed in the top 3 in world one year back in the 80's. All they run were Oly's and they flat scream. I've eye'd a couple and was hoping to grab them cheap but no cigar. That's a 6cuber isn't it?

Yes, it's a 999 (101cc). If it was a 999F it would have a 1mm larger stroke and be 103cc.

Yes, it's a 999 (101cc). If it was a 999F it would have a 1mm larger stroke and be 103cc.

That's awesome ! Be the powerhead weigh's close to 25lbs just a guess. Those old Oly's are some neat machines. Nice build sounds/runs great. I think we should do a big log challenge hahah.

Latest posts

Back