Project Stumpbroke 576xp Auto Tune

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The last saw I heard like that thing whapping off its limiter was blue...
And it was an ass kicker...
Sounds like its waking up from surgery pissed!!!

It'll take a pretty nasty saw to beat the dolkita...
This should be interesting...:rock:

Oh my, is Hedgerow actually admitting that a Husqvarna might have a chance at beating a Dolmar :taped::msp_scared:

Last edited:
Oh my, is Hedgerow actually admitting that a Husqvarna might have a chance at beating a Dolmar :taped::msp_scared:

it certainly appears so. I'd like to hear some chime in on the 576/ 372 debate. I know the 372 cures cancer and all..... but what exactly is it about the 372 that is more attractive than the 576 other than a few ounces? Not trying to start crap, just expand my knowledge a little.

it certainly appears so. I'd like to hear some chime in on the 576/ 372 debate. I know the 372 cures cancer and all..... but what exactly is it about the 372 that is more attractive than the 576 other than a few ounces? Not trying to start crap, just expand my knowledge a little.

I would figure it's because the 372 is proven and has been around a lot longer... 576's are still fairly new, and the autotune saws probably put a lot of people off when they roasted them by not reading the directions...

I read about that... you have to break them in on a good piece of wood that makes the saw work... otherwise, it might not ever tune itself properly and blow up.

I'll pass on the computer tech. I have enough trouble with the ones I have.

The 372 is the "carburated small block chevy" of chainsaws, very easy and forgiving with huge gains to be had.

The 576 has technology people are afraid to mess with. Until people like Stumpy and Mastermind and people like them figured them out! Hats off to these guys for having the guts and brains to figure that stuff out.:clap::clap::clap:

I'm not gonna lie, someday I'll have a 372... as of now they are way out of my price range.

All it takes is time and a little nagging and You can find one with a bad top end. I got mine for the price of $free, put a Big Bore kit on it. Now it's probably my best runner.

I'm headed to bentonville right now, but I'll see what I can work out with Eric... He has a big ole' Sachs Dolmar for me... Maybe I could assist you in the break in of one or 2...or 3...
:msp_rolleyes:
I got to work over a fence row this weekend...
An stuff...

um... I read Sachs Dolmar in ur post and I have to know...........

I have a near mint Sachs Dolmar 120si ported by Randy. To say that saw hauls ass is an understatement. I hold it in very high regard in my small group of saws.

I have a near mint Sachs Dolmar 120si ported by Randy. To say that saw hauls ass is an understatement. I hold it in very high regard in my small group of saws.

It needs a smaller combustion chamber, bigger transfer ports, and to loose some weight out of the lowers... Then I believe it'll be a keeper...

pshh! that 562 will eat it alive and if it doesn't the 576xp will :rock:

It's a work in progress... But when it's done, it will OWN the 562... And get spanked by the 576...
As it should...:msp_sneaky:

Although I really like the 562... We bonded you know...

My Uncle has a 120si ported by a guy in New Brunswick and it hauls ass! you gonna have stump do yours? russ

My Uncle has a 120si ported by a guy in New Brunswick and it hauls ass! you gonna have stump do yours? russ

I'll probably do the grinding on it myself... But stumpy will have to assist as always... Then yell at me about not using a degree wheel and stuff... That, and he has to turn the jug for me... That chamber needs reduced, and how!!!
Hope the lower end can handle it...:msp_wink:
I'd be better off just letting him do it all...
But I'm a hack, and can't help myself...

Back