Project Stumpbroke Solo 694

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stumpys Customs

Stumpbroke
Reaction score
This is my current project I have goin on. A big red SOLO 694. Same thing as a Dolmar 9010. This is a ground up build with new bearings, seals, top end, oiler rebuild, and porting.

This is how I received the saw. In a box torn apart. This should get me over being spoiled with the new saws I've been building lately.:D
100_2567.jpg

Here's the lower end ready for re assembly.
100_2574.jpg

This was the easy part.
100_2575.jpg

Here's the oiler ready to go back together with some new guts.
100_2577.jpg

I decided to put the saw together & run it stock to get a vid for comparison.
[video=youtube_share;nIzOsTrKTBk]http://youtu.be/nIzOsTrKTBk[/video]

Stump, looks great from this end.May I suggest that you use a soft wood like Pine for your videos like some others do.Makes it easier on the saw also, Ken

Not for this one... Big bar, hard wood ....
Flog em'....
These saws like it...

After running about half a tank through it I tore it back down for some grinding. I think these saws are about the easiest ones to remove the tank. After disconnecting the throttle cable and fuel line all that is left is four mounts. Then the case lifts right off of the tank. No twisting & holding yer mouth just right.

The rubber mounts thread into the case, then there's a coarse threaded screw that goes into the tank. Would be awesome if they had springs instead of rubber.
100_2578.jpg

Got it all tore down & ready for some fun.
100_2580.jpg

I won't be useing the OEM piston for this. I decided to use an 064 piston instead. I don't have any pics yet of them side by side. More on that later.

Stump, looks great from this end.May I suggest that you use a soft wood like Pine for your videos like some others do.Makes it easier on the saw also, Ken
:confused:
No since in being easy on em, they're made to work.:msp_biggrin:

Not for this one... Big bar, hard wood ....
Flog em'....
These saws like it...

:msp_wink:

Compression before the second tear down, and after?Base gasket?Splane this one, What drill is missing the chuck? I am enjoying this one.Something of a different flavor than the usual threads floating about, Ken

I will get some ribbing from this....

After some machine work on the piston & cyl I have the cyl laid out for the porting.

100_2584.jpg

Intake side
100_2581.jpg

These have some nice big transfer runners and are angled to direct the charge to the intake side.
100_2583.jpg

The exhaust port will only be getting some widening since the port ended up right where I wanted it after the machine work.
100_2582.jpg

Thats all the pics I got for right now. I have the cyl half ported right now & should have this thing runnin tomorrow.

Compression before the second tear down, and after?Base gasket?Splane this one, What drill is missing the chuck? I am enjoying this one.Something of a different flavor than the usual threads floating about, Ken

I will get some ribbing from this....

COmp was right @ 140psi after half a tank on the new top end. I expected it to be higher. I'll be useing the stock (new) base gasket. I don't run saws gasket-less any more. I machine them to get my squish tolerance with the gasket. I bought the chuck without a drill attached to it. I hope you enjoy this. :rock:

I was eager to dive into this build since it was a saw that doesn't get allot of attention. Good well built saw with a small bore (52mm), long stroke (42mm) combination. Not very high revving, but have a lot of grunt.

Does anybody notice something different about the bar mount on this thing??

100_2580.jpg

It has two sets of threaded holes for the studs. Would anybody have a clue as to what the purpose is for the other set of holes?

It's for a different set of bar studs and different plate. D009 & D033 Oregon bar mounts. Original PS-9000 used the other studs.

Last edited:
Glad to hear buddy! And I'm good thanks! A little REP for ya, cause I missed ya. Keep up the fine work, see you soon!:)

Latest posts

Back