Project, TERMITE

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the boys must have rested up over the weekend. They hit the ground running today and with confidence!! One young man split the hood in the correct spot so it fits beside the elevator which is what picture one shows. What isn't seen but is as important, another young man took the inside hood cable from a donor truck and took the frozen one off of the Termite and put the good one on. Two boys got the splitter taken apart and set on the front bumper, we are still debating the placement of the swivel so more concrete plans tomorrow on that, picture two. And two other boys have been working on the bracket for the inner fender well so it can go back on on the passenger side to keep mud, snow and water off of the engine, picture three. More pictures tomorrow hopefully of the bracket finished, in place, and inner fender bolted on. Any ideas out there on hood hinges? Another pair of boys are working on the grill. Also, any hints/suggestions on turning the air conditioner pump into an air compressor pump? Thanks for looking feel free to comment.

Would it help if the hood hinged forwards or to one side or the other? Just an idea. I like the project, and mean no dis-respect but the pics are kinda hard to follow at times.

Jags, any ideas on how to make the pictures more user friendly? Did get a brainstorm/fart on the hood yesterday. As it develops, will post it in a picture.

I will admit that I am no artist or photographer, but I think that lighting is your enemy. Also, from sitting behind my computer, I like seeing the big picture then the specific project (i.e. broadside of truck then zoom to target area).
I think what you are doing is great, and really do enjoy following the project.:clap: I am also a country boy fabricator, so this is right up my interest alley.

Todays kids need more hands on, and I ain't talking about a game joystick.:cheers:

p.s. - I did notice the last set of pics where a little brighter, that is a good thing.

Last edited:
Big door was open!! Definitely added more light. Yep, not a photographer, heck I'm just happy to be getting the documentation along with the work completed. Thanks for the comments, glad to hear someone is following along.

I like to use the attach button i think it makes it easier to view the pics.
View attachment 70699
After uploading pics hit this button.
View attachment 70700
Then either hit insert all, or insert one at a time in desired order.
View attachment 70701
This is what the preview and dialog box should look like.
View attachment 70698
The best part is you can add your text between relevant photos.
One most forums the pics show up instead of links, but i guess that for all the guys still on dial up.
Kinda hate opening all the links, but i guess i also hated waiting for pages to load.

Last edited:
Back