Pro's using Husky saws???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plasmech

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I see a LOT of YouTube videos of Pro's, good ones at that it seems, using Home Depot saws (Huskies). I always thought all the pro's laughed at these saws and called them "big boxes"? I'm not trying to stir up and stuff, but I really thought I'd see a lot more Stihls and Jonsereds than big box saws, I find it both funny and strange...

:confused:

#1 how do you know these guys are "Pro`s"?

#2 How do you know the saws used are from home depot? HD usually carries the "residential" husky`s & such, I dont see any XP models at my local HD!!

LXT...................

Personal preference I suppose. Like comparing Ford to Chevy. Some people will swear by one and hate on the other, others would just be happy to have a quality, running saw. :)

I see a LOT of YouTube videos of Pro's, good ones at that it seems, using Home Depot saws (Huskies). I always thought all the pro's laughed at these saws and called them "big boxes"? I'm not trying to stir up and stuff, but I really thought I'd see a lot more Stihls and Jonsereds than big box saws, I find it both funny and strange...

Are you assuming that all Husqvarnas are "big boxes"?

Plasmech, as a Stihl owner ( 2-ms200t, 192,360,660, and a backpack blower), and being aware that you are new here, I'm going to make a bag of popcorn and sit back and watch the flogging. Yell if you need to tag off. Pete

Plasmech, as a Stihl owner ( 2-ms200t, 192,360,660, and a backpack blower), and being aware that you are new here, I'm going to make a bag of popcorn and sit back and watch the flogging. Yell if you need to tag off. Pete

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Kevin

I don't think H/D carries Huskys or maybe you mean Husqvarna but Lowe's does and I have a husqvarna 350 bought at Lowe's 5 years ago and still running strong, I even got a echo cs-300 bought at H/D 5 years ago also and it's still running strong also and a echo string trimmer srm-230 bought 3 years ago running strong today as well........

I also have a Husqvarna 395 bought at pawn shop and a stihl ms200t and 026 bought from a friend a few years ago.....

oh yeah, I got 2 husqvarna 359's and a 455 got one of the 359 and the 455 in a trade deal

oh yeah again, I got a Husqvarna 394xp I'm rebuilding, bought off ebay 5 years ago and ruined in 2 minutes by a rookie with unmixed gas......

Last edited:
Different philosophies on equipment/capital

I'm not a pro, but understand that some professionals view certain saws (for inexperienced groundies/limbing/smaller bucking) as consummables. You could pay hundreds more for a pro model but after they get used/abused/run over, you need to dump money into expensive replacement parts and weather the downtime loss. The alternative is to purchase new big box homeowner/midlevel models and buy new again when they bite the dust. I'm not saying that I necessarily agree with this business model, but some think it works for them.

Okay, give me my punishment. :buttkick:

Last edited:

I've got a little old Husky 181. Haven't seen them at any "big box" places though.

Good thing I'm not a pro! I'd have to take a lashing for running that thing!;)

Are you serious?

I run Huskies, most of the old timers I personally work with run Huskies, and my roommate is a mechanic at our local saw shop, which happens to be a full service Husky dealership. No big box stores in the mix for us, thank you very much!
The box stores are maybe a little quicker in and out, and perhaps quicker with the returns as well, but ya ain't gonna find the individual customer service and attention that the local saw shop will give you, or the flow back into the community. In our current economic climate, it's a way more conscious decision to make sure as much money as possible stays in our local economy, anyway.

And for the record, I ain't trying to talk any smack about Stihl. I'm just stickin' with what I personally started with.

I have nothing against Huskies, for one I never used one. I hear so many bad things across the internet about "big box" stuff that I was blown away by the fact that a pro as good as this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkLsCOOrVSk

was using a Husky. Now of course I did not realize that they DO have a pro line not sold at the 'Po.

One thing that Stihl does....they are VERY loyal to the local shops, they refuse to sell a watered-down product at a big box store. Not saying they are superior saws, but they are a loyal outfit.

I have nothing against Huskies, for one I never used one. I hear so many bad things across the internet about "big box" stuff that I was blown away by the fact that a pro as good as this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkLsCOOrVSk

was using a Husky. Now of course I did not realize that they DO have a pro line not sold at the 'Po.

One thing that Stihl does....they are VERY loyal to the local shops, they refuse to sell a watered-down product at a big box store. Not saying they are superior saws, but they are a loyal outfit.

Ok Scooter, I am trying to like you, I really really am!!!
And I get you are a noobie.

Husky makes some GREAT saws, just because they all look the same, they are not!!! I couldn't read the numbers on the saw in the video, but I did notice the xp designation!! That isn't a 455 Rancher dangling there!!

Slow down a bit, there is much to learn young Luke, much to learn!!

you just kicked the hornets nest :poke:

Latest posts

Back