Proud Dad

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of our grandson's lost his dad when he was 6, but, he had ridden in his logging truck since he was 9 months old. At 6 yrs old he had more log truck time than most 25 yr olds. Now he's 8, he's just like his dad was, energetic, loves to help me do anything. And, he's a good worker, plus he is a great kid. He's got plans already to own his own log ''trucks'' meaning more than one. And, he's serious, he still goes to truck shows with his dad's friends and ''steam up's '' as well. He's got more going for him than a lot of kids in their early teens.
That's a tough loss for a young guy. It sounds like you, and perhaps some others, are really loving and helping him grow.

I think a lot of today's young men are going to run into trouble later in life. They will find they need their manliness and it won't be available. Their wives, their children, their communities will need them to be strong and noble, and they won't know how. Even on a practical level, so many guys are growing up knowing how to play on computers but not build or repair.
Don’t forget, you get a trophy just for participating. Winning makes the other guy feel bad, we don’t want to hurt his feelings.

That's a tough loss for a young guy. It sounds like you, and perhaps some others, are really loving and helping him grow.

We are, and, its almost crazy the way he fits in with men 6 times plus his age, lol. He's a pretty sharp kid, and he's very, very observant , and he's also very meticulous just like his dad was. Winter, summer, spring and fall ,his Dad's KW always looked like it just drove off the show room floor. And, this is a log truck, a working truck. Ryder's a very unique kid for his age. I really feel for him when other kid's Dad's show up for things at school. It breaks my heart, but, we and a lot of others are there for him, we don't baby him, but, we'll always be there for him.

Don’t forget, you get a trophy just for participating. Winning makes the other guy feel bad, we don’t want to hurt his feelings.
I work in some of the local schools and I have a theory about how these sorts of ridiculous and damaging practices began. A good number of unhappy teens grew up feeling like losers. Now that they are in positions of supervision, and they institute remedies based on their own emotional neediness. The good news: the human spirit remains true. Put a group of boys on the playground during recess and they do everything they can to avoid the gaze of the adults so they can tussle and compete.

We are, and, its almost crazy the way he fits in with men 6 times plus his age, lol. He's a pretty sharp kid, and he's very, very observant , and he's also very meticulous just like his dad was. Winter, summer, spring and fall ,his Dad's KW always looked like it just drove off the show room floor. And, this is a log truck, a working truck. Ryder's a very unique kid for his age. I really feel for him when other kid's Dad's show up for things at school. It breaks my heart, but, we and a lot of others are there for him, we don't baby him, but, we'll always be there for him.
Ryder is blessed to have you. Please tell him there's a fellow on Granddad's forum that admires him and knows he's going to grow into a fine young man.

Back