Pulling and installing the oil pump on 1123 or 1139 series Stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stihl-Pioneer

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
To pull the oil pump on the 1123 or 1139 series saws, do you have to use the Stihl puller or could you use a small slide hammer setup if you have a stud (the correct thread) to thread in the oil pump? To reinstall could you use a stud and lightly tap it in with a plastic mallet until it seats? What is the thread size? Thanks.

To pull the oil pump on the 1123 or 1139 series saws, do you have to use the Stihl puller or could you use a small slide hammer setup if you have a stud (the correct thread) to thread in the oil pump? To reinstall could you use a stud and lightly tap it in with a plastic mallet until it seats? What is the thread size? Thanks.

Thats how I do it. Just thread a screw in the bottom of the pump, a long one, grab the screw with a pair of vice grips and hit the vice grips with a hammer, out comes the pump. I use a screw that they use on the old BR blowers where they hold the hose to the unit, works perfect. Thread size I'm not sure.

To make it easy scratch a line in the case at the top of the pump before you take it out. Then when you put it back to the line its at the right height..

Back