Pulling Directions on Fall

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ekka said:
And Gypo, all I have seen you fell is piss easy pines that are symetrical and straight and in the middle of no mans land ... true heroic tree work! :p
That sounds like a great idea! I"ll go to a residential area and see if I can buy up some dozey looking goontree just to show you how good I am at slashing up garbage wood! Your inexperience is really showing there Ekka.
Hahaha
And BTW, Pwoozel didn't fall that tree anymore than I flew to the freakin moon and back.
Even if he had the balls to do it, it would be pointless and foolhardy unless it was his own house and he was insured to the nuts! Plus, tree climbers don't fall trees, they chunk them down!
John

CoreyTMorine said:
I'm going to have to let that stew for awhile. in the mean time i like your new avatar. that looks like a ski hill behind the railing. Did you ride that chainsaw down the ski hill John? :)
Hi Corey, Im still seeing the emoticon man with the sign, but I tried changing it to an 088 with a backdrop of snow. It's flatter than p!ss on a plate there, so crosscountry skiing only.
John

Gypo Logger said:
And BTW, Pwoozel didn't fall that tree anymore than I flew to the freakin moon and back.
Even if he had the balls to do it, it would be pointless and foolhardy unless it was his own house and he was insured to the nuts! Plus, tree climbers don't fall trees, they chunk them down!
John

And you say my inexperience is showing! Obviously once out of the woods your good for nothing!

Since you are so full of doubt ask your close bud rbtree if I popped that tree for him. It wasnt that tough I know a dozen guys that make those drops everyb day. :umpkin:

Gypo Logger said:
Well lets see you do it Mr.Fresh Out of Chainsaw School!
Hahaha

John, i think you could be correct... per Ekka's own website, Eric's only certification on his website says he was just certified in July 2005...

AND here's an exact quote from Ekka's website:
"Tree Removal In Confined Spaces
When trees are too large to be felled from the ground they need to be removed in sections."

this seems to contradict what he said...

now, since i've read everything in the archives about tree climbing, i'm putting my shingle out next week, after the GTG... i expect in the few hours i watch you fellas (and the charming Kate) use the chain saws, i will be an expert on chain saws as well...

Not so fresh out. But I did do the course after many years of experience. Fortunately, from day one I associated and worked with qualified people ... some in forestry and some in arb but I didn't really get the opportunity to get real bad habits.

I do it, every day. Felling a tree or spar etc is the easier part. Cutting a tree down from aloft much harder. You get real good experience on cuts and techniques when rigging, slewing branches, lifting them and turning them to avoid things. Not only that but you have to be aware of how they land, tip first, butt first or flat.

One tree may have 50 cuts or more to be made before felling the spar so one tree provides a lot more opportunity for experience ... and errors.

When I see a drop I go "yeah, an easy day", one cut and tree is down ... limbing etc on the ground has its hazards but we also have machinery.

Quick Gypo, PM your mates for some support ... you're scraping the bottom of the barrel already.

Oh no, run for cover, Gypo's brought in the "Knit" wit for it's 2 bobs worth of support in something it has no idea about.

Ekka said:
Oh no, run for cover, Gypo's brought in the "Knit" wit for it's 2 bobs worth of support in something it has no idea about.

Oh, Ekka, you hurt me fella!!! of course, i'm not offended being called a "knitter" since i made fair money professionally knitting for years as a teenager...

oh, well, i discovered how you stay in such good shape-- don't you dance with the Thunder from Down Under-- aren't you the third one from the left sitting down... with his hand on his privates???

Trinity, please stay on track here it's not HK.

In fact I'm surprised one of the biased moderators hasn't jumped in yet.

Here's the page from my website where Trinity decided to selectively taint my credibility, you'll notice it does say.

Tree Felling
Where adequate space is
available trees are directionally
felled from the ground.

http://www.palmtreeservices.com.au/TreeRemoval.html

I have worked with a lot of fresh out of school arborist! I am here to tell you all. You will learn more From a logger. I worked with my father witch was A logger.

Helsel

I thought father witches were called warlocks!

Beside, how would you know what you could learn if you never have?

Ekka said:
Trinity, please stay on track here it's not HK.

In fact I'm surprised one of the biased moderators hasn't jumped in yet.

Here's the page from my website where Trinity decided to selectively taint my credibility, you'll notice it does say.

Tree Felling
Where adequate space is
available trees are directionally
felled from the ground.

http://www.palmtreeservices.com.au/TreeRemoval.html

other things on your site, Ekka:

""Some methods are:
1. A qualified climbing arborist will access the tree & fell the tree in sections.
2. A climbing aborist supported by a ground crew will use ropes & rigging to lower pieces.
3. Cranes can be used to remove extremely heavy or structurally unsound trees.
4. EWP's, Cherry Pickers can be used. ""

this is the precise order you listed them... so apparently you put more time into listing how to take down a tree in pieces then how you lay one down in one piece...

just observations from someone reading your own words...

Gypo Logger said:
Ken, it's always best for all concerned to cut off all hingewood at just the right time. It's all in the saw. The best climbers are the ones who have mastered their chainsaws. A few that come to mind are RB tree, TreeCo, KFtree and I'm sure I left out at least a couple other renegade climbers. :blob2:
John

What this whole argument is about is this statement above. Pay attention sight impared loggers, Gypo wrote "it's always best for all concerned to cut off all hingewood at just the right time.".

Now if you agree with the above, you are an idiot!

Even the Cahoon left hingewood on that earlier pic, what a stupid statement to make on a public forum. Idiot!

And then the only retaliation you have is mud slinging and BS; and like an earlier post you think there's safety in numbers? You think that because you have been taking high risks and inappropriate procedures for umpteen years it makes it right?

Well, the above is a typical always, all, all ... red herring. Think about it. :)

Trinity Honoria said:
other things on your site, Ekka:

""Some methods are:
1. A qualified climbing arborist will access the tree & fell the tree in sections.
2. A climbing aborist supported by a ground crew will use ropes & rigging to lower pieces.
3. Cranes can be used to remove extremely heavy or structurally unsound trees.
4. EWP's, Cherry Pickers can be used. ""

this is the precise order you listed them... so apparently you put more time into listing how to take down a tree in pieces then how you lay one down in one piece...

just observations from someone reading your own words...

That's right, that's the follow on from Tree Removal In Confined Spaces.

Because most people understand the tree felling process and not many know of the wider variety of methods used in confined places. This opens up their mind to the access issues and what method or combinations of can be utilized to remove the tree. Obviously this has a considerable impact on the costs compared to scarfing up and felling a tree, one cut it's down!

Hey Ekka, the more you talk to greener you look. You better go for another one of those "small tree felling", competancy courses you bragged about on your site. Hahaha
What a cull!
John

Latest posts

Back