Puma saddle by buckingham

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any one climbing in the puma saddle by buckingham? I'm about to pull the trigger on a new saddle and might be getting the puma. Just wondering if any one here is using one and if so what do they like about it. dislikes? How does it compare to others?

I've looked at the ergo, edge, sequoia, and a few others. I like how the puma has a lot of new features combined with some old school traits as well. Only problem is I'm looking at them on line, wish I could try them all on first...

This will probably be the last saddle I get, after 23 years of climbing this will only be my fourth saddle purchase. They do last a while

Puma

I have just gotten one and I must say, it is the most comfortable one I have owned thus far. Once you get the sizing done, you will forget you have it on while you are climbing. Only downside that I have found with this saddle is that if your legs rub together, the velcro on the leg straps like to come off. If anyone has any ideas how to stop this, please send the tip my way, thanks!

Right where the leg strap goes in and comes out of the buckle you can tape it to itself there and then run it back over and onto the Velcro. So if you tape it about 2 inches then its runs back the 2 inches , you just took 4 inches off the length of that long*** strap. No worries it's not load bearing its just holding the slack in place. I use two webbing 'belt keepers' on each strap. It works well and you can take em off if you need to readjust the length of the leg straps. Keeps everything tidy without having to cut or alterate your gear. It's an easy fix if it doesn't make sense let me know ill put up a pic.

i like the puma. tons of padding and lots of space to hang stuff. i added a side pouch, another pouch at the small of my back, knife holster. aside of the velcro being a pain once in awhile its a damn good harness.

Back