Push me into a 361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodsrover

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Local dealer's a little over-stocked on them right now. Offering me a MS361 with a 20" bar for $550.00. Good deal, right? Hmmmm.

jim

Local dealer's a little over-stocked on them right now. Offering me a MS361 with a 20" bar for $550.00. Good deal, right? Hmmmm.

jim

Buy it Jim!

Having just picked one up, sold my MS-310, added some coin, just as others here have done, and simple love it!

Did a muff - mod by cutting the guts out of the existing exhaust plumbing and opening up the exit hole to in internal 1" X 1" hole and fitted a 5/8th" tube, and it screams for a 60cc saw.

Just got back from a a couple solid days cutting firewood and have a few cords behind it and couldn't be more pleased with it's all-around performance,,,,,, my lite haggle price was $579 with a 16" ES bar,,,,, (the ES bar was a slight up-grade form there regular price)

Last edited:

jim

You need to be pushed into buying a saw?:laugh: And a excellent saw at that!;)

Your membership may be revoked soon :biggrinbounce2:

You need to be pushed into buying a saw?:laugh: And a excellent saw at that!;)

Your membership may be revoked soon :biggrinbounce2:
....and add that there are lots of push me into the 361 treads here from before........:biggrinbounce2:

.......just get it, and be done with it!!!!!:blob2: :blob2: :rockn:

I have one and love it, if I could only have one saw the 361 would be the one!

One dealer was: $530 with a 20" bar, a spare loop, 6 pack of orange oil and.... a 2007 calendar.

Dealer 1 mile away was: %5 off list.

Guess who I bought mine from? :hmm3grin2orange:

I bought one two days ago and am very happy about my new saw!!! I have been using it after work breaking it in and it is an AWESOME SAW!!! Worth every penny!!!:biggrinbounce2:

Ya know I bought my 361 BEFORE finding this site and man I sure am glad I didn't end up with the 390 I almost did. My 361 w/muff mod has never failed to impress anyone who has run it. It is a hot rod but is reliable as gravity!
Hey I think I need to add that to my sig.

Alright, alright. I'll head over there next week and put one in my hands. You know I won't be able to put it down if I do.

Thanks, thanks a lot!! I'm supposed to be re-doing the upstairs bathroom!! :bang:

Good thing the wife can't tell a 361 from a 290 from a 180 from a 460!

jim

But can she tell the difference between a 880 and a 180? Or a 3120 or a (enter smallest husky number here)?
:confused:

That Stihl ms361 will replace 5 of your fleet of saws you have there woodsrover. Your 460 magnum,ms361,ms180 would be the perfect trio IMO!!! But you never can have too many saws can you!!!

jim

Jim, I heard they've been discontinued and Stihl has had to declare bankruptcy. :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Did that help with the motivation?

I think you can do a little better on price, but instead of negotiating lower, you might work some freebies as others have mentioned. :D

Happy shopping

Latest posts

Back