Question about Huskee 22 ton splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

creaid

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have had the Huskee 22 ton splitter now for about 5 months. This thing has split everything I have thrown at it. Great machine. I was splitting today and noticed after setting to full throttle sometimes the throttle would move to 1/2 to 3/4, Maybe vibration? Anyone else had this issue? I guess the best thing to do would be get a stiffer throttle spring?? Thanks.

the rivet in the lever wears out from vibes this will just be the start of your problems the tin plate that covers the top of the engine will crack next( i have put 2 on mine ) rivets that hold the rewind on will loosen and oblong the holes. i know of 3 others than mine that are the same way . but if you talk to speeco (huskee) they say they dont know of any problems. its a good small splitter just a junky engine.

I've had mine for almost a year now, and I've split 40 cords with it, and so far I haven't had any problems with B&S engine. It sound like something is loose in the throttle linkage. Take the top cover off and see if you can't snug something up.:cheers:

My neighbor has had his for about 5yrs now with countless cords split by it and no trouble of that sort. However the 5.5 Briggs has used oil pretty much since sometime the first yr. I think now he has top off the oil after every tank fill. Funny thing is it doesn't smoke when it runs just uses it on a consistent amount.

There is a detent on full throttle I think, if you do not push it fully to fast, it will creep back. That is what happened to me, you need to make sure you push it all the way

The B&S engine on the 22ton has an Aluminum bore so they will start to burn oil pretty quick, mine doesn't yet, I think running synthetic oil helps.

If you change the oil every 15hrs after the first 2 they will last for ever. We have an old 27 ton that is literally crap compared to the new ones and it runs great. so every couple days you spend a buck or two to keep it clean, who cares.

Back