Question for guys that have been long time climbers!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
one of nature's remedies man.

they dont prescribe medical marijuana just for the fun of it. lol

never heard of walnut being toxic like a sycamore. what's in it that would do it?

Alleiochemicals are in them but don't know their affect on humans
but they do affect plants in their area!

one of nature's remedies man.

they dont prescribe medical marijuana just for the fun of it. lol

never heard of walnut being toxic like a sycamore. what's in it that would do it?

Yeah I new they prescribed it for cancer and such just never heard of it being prescribed for arthritis, Makes sense though. I do not know what causes the issues with BLK Walnut. I never had a problem and I have cut down/pruned plenty of them but I read on another tree forum about a bunch of guys having reactions to it like poison oak or something.

Climbing on and off for 23 years, worst so far was watching blood pump out of my wrist (it can squirt a long ways) 40' up in a red maple. Using a handsaw to hack a bunch of twigs out of my way and put a perfect, straight on puncture in the wrist. Some duct tape and paper towels, along with elevation and pressure took care of that one. And a messed up back from twisting around a corner with a ladder on my shoulder.

Plenty of close calls, sometimes taking shortcuts caused them (had a log roll unexpectedly as I was limbing it last week without a clear escape route, kinda shook me up a bit because I realized as the log rolled that I had nowhere to go and no idea how far the log was going to go), sometimes not taking shortcuts saved my butt. You can strive to minimize risk in this biz, but you can't eliminate it completely. The risk is what keeps me going, I'm not an adreneline junkie by any stretch but the risk is what makes me feel alive, my head clear, and the knowledge that I can do what a lot of other people can't. All that said, I still have to take a deep breath and collect my thoughts before heading up a nasty removal or taking a particularly big shot.

My .02

:cheers:

The risk is what keeps me going, I'm not an adreneline junkie by any stretch but the risk is what makes me feel alive, my head clear, and the knowledge that I can do what a lot of other people can't.

:cheers:

i get a kick out of people that pay for excitement and adrenaline.

hell, i get paid at the end of the week for having fun. thrill seeking if you will.

good post boo.

Last edited:
Walnut's contain JUGLONE a powerful and toxic substance that keeps many plants from growing within the tree's root system. In high doses JUGLONE is a kidney and liver toxin..

some one give this man a nova.

thanks. going to google now to learn a little more about this juglone.

some one give this man a nova.

thanks. going to google now to learn a little more about this juglone.

There is a good right up on ******** if you search (WALNUT) bunch of guys there had reactions to it similar to poison ivy but worse.

Whats a nova?

See that scale in the bottom left hand corner of my posting square. Click on it and positive, not negative, rep me for telling you all this. And while your at type something that you like about me in the box provided. :greenchainsaw:

Done!! Pay up sucka!! :)

Still does'nt explain the nova thing though, I get the rep part.

I tried to give you one but I evidently gave you a bunch
of your greeny's or several of your goldies the more ya have the more
ya hit lol :cheers: You are going to have one very soon too!

Funny it didn't bother me not to have any (NOVA) untill I new I could get some and now I want 1 or 3 oh hell just give all the ones no one else wants Im not picky. Rep'd out for you also, Beer instead?:cheers: :cheers:

Back