question for super split owners...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pat_58

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
hi.

i am seriously thinking of getting a super split, the "HD" model, in the next year or so. i have read a lot of threads on the subject, watched quite a few videos, etc. 3 questions i have:

1. wide balloon tires or trailer kit? trailer kit would definitely be handy, but i could tow still tow the balloon tire version on a trailer. are the balloon tires somehow more stable or put the production table at a better working height?

2. can the wide balloon tires version still be easily and slowly "towed" around my property somehow with a tractor?

3. on super split's website, the video shows the trailer kit version with the tongue protruding from underneath the production table. seems like the tongue will get buried by a pile of split wood. can the trailer tongue be easily removed? also can the front leg be removed on either model?

thanks, and happy thanksgiving!
pat.

Think Cement Mixer

Towing a Super Split is like towing a portable cement mixer. Those are not my words but the gentleman that I spoke with at Super Split when I was researching splitters last year. All the weight is up top and in the rear making them tippy. I can see issues even towing it around uneven ground behind the tractor.

I decided to go T'wolf or American for one other big consideration, spare / repair parts. They are only available from Super Split and if they're out of stock or need them for production orders you're down for the duration. Hydraulic components on the other hand are made to NFPA and JIC standards. This means one manufacturers part readily interchanges with another's making repair parts widely available.

My 2 cents

Take Care

Latest posts

Back