question on 372xpw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spydahead

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,so i get this week old e-mail from baileys that i found in my spam folder? that says they have a few new 372xpw non x-torq,with 24inch bar, in stock for $729.99 + ca.tax no web orders, i have to go to the store in woodland ca. to pick it up,i'm about a 1hr drive from them, i've wanted one of these for a while. This a good deal? I have a great running 288xp & 55epa they are old but run well.Will this saw make a good addition? got it on hold for me till fri. think i should go for it?

Hi guys,so i get this week old e-mail from baileys that i found in my spam folder? that says they have a few new 372xpw non x-torq,with 24inch bar, in stock for $729.99 + ca.tax no web orders, i have to go to the store in woodland ca. to pick it up,i'm about a 1hr drive from them, i've wanted one of these for a while. This a good deal? I have a great running 288xp & 55epa they are old but run well.Will this saw make a good addition? got it on hold for me till fri. think i should go for it?
They are a very good saw, sounds like a good deal to me. Cheers, Simon.

I doubt you will find a better deal than that. The 372xpw is a great saw once you get rid of the wrap handle. If you have the means, pick up an additional one or two. Still kicking myself for not having picked up another univent from Bailey when I had the chance.

If I was within 1 hour of a new XPW at that price Id done be on my way to pick it up!:msp_thumbup:

ha,ha, no not yet, tue.morning i'm out the door at 7:00am head'n to baileys to pick her up, i think i'm get'n a little excited, never had a new saw before.

ha,ha, no not yet, tue.morning i'm out the door at 7:00am head'n to baileys to pick her up, i think i'm get'n a little excited, never had a new saw before.

Make sure to call them and reserve it. If you use that for felling in Cali, keep the wrap, it will come in handy. If you climb, someone here will probably handle swap with you if you like. I don't notice much difference between a bud's 372 standard and my full wrap where weight is concerned, either. In fact, my full wrap with an Oregon 24" pro-lite bar feels the same as his 20" Power Match and standard wrap.

Aren't Cali's state and local taxes often in the 9% range?

yep, 8.75% i hate ca. have a job offer in montana with a friend of mine, but my dam house is only worth 12 bucks now,oh well.

ok, just got the new saw home and put together,DAAAAMMM bad ass look'n saw, this is my first new saw, so my question is what to do, or not do, for break in. hav'nt read the book yet,just frick'n pouring rain here so no test drive for a while:msp_crying:btw,its a 2009 model, and the guy at baileys said not to mess with the limiter caps or my waranty is doomed. funny thing i found out today,my wife was telling some co-workers at county medical (she's a nurse)about me picking up a new saw,and one of the male nurse's is nathen (nate) bailey, grandson of the founder,you'd think he'd be a lumberjack not a nurse,what ever blows yer skirt up i guess.

ok, just got the new saw home and put together,DAAAAMMM bad ass look'n saw, this is my first new saw, so my question is what to do, or not do, for break in. hav'nt read the book yet,just frick'n pouring rain here so no test drive for a while:msp_crying:btw,its a 2009 model, and the guy at baileys said not to mess with the limiter caps or my waranty is doomed. funny thing i found out today,my wife was telling some co-workers at county medical (she's a nurse)about me picking up a new saw,and one of the male nurse's is nathen (nate) bailey, grandson of the founder,you'd think he'd be a lumberjack not a nurse,what ever blows yer skirt up i guess.

Pictures or it didn't happen; AS rules. :D

I just knew someone would say that,i have no idea how the hell to post pic's,but if it'still raining here thursday i'll spend the 2hrs to figure it out. I know,no pic's did'nt happen:msp_cursing:

I just knew someone would say that,i have no idea how the hell to post pic's,but if it'still raining here thursday i'll spend the 2hrs to figure it out. I know,no pic's did'nt happen:msp_cursing:

LOL. Did they check the tune on the saw when you got it? If they didnt, that would be the first thing Id do....then, run it like ya stole it!

Of all the saws I have ran at GTG's, one of the absolute most jaw dropping was husq445's ported 372XPW (right up there with Arrowhead's WildThing in fact!).

I know you will love that saw!

There is a good thread on posting pictures from about a week ago. Started by The Count and added to by some other members.

The one that worked best for me was using the preview screen to get the pictures to show up in the post. Check it out.

Breaking in a new saw? There is a lot of back and forth on that here.

I am not going to say anyone is wrong, but,

I will say what the book said on my new MS 361. It said in part, the new parts need time to bed in. No extended WOT out of the cut and do not push or lean on the saw for the first 3 tanks.

You want the rings to seat, The Stihl engineers put that in there for a reason, so I have gone with that on any new saw that I bought. Can't hurt,and it just might help.

I am doing this from memory, so check your owners manual.

Come to think about it, maybe I need to check the owners manual on my new XPW.

Latest posts

Back