question on 372xpw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you guys HAVE given me a complex,in fact i think i need therapy:hmm3grin2orange: J/K thanks for all the replies,this fourm is just to much fun.Let me clarify,been work'n on and tuning 2stroke stuff as long as i can remember,(thanks dad) the guys at baileys know i do all my own work on all my saws,and i can certainly assemble a saw in a box,dont want to imply that threw the box at me and said beat it.However this is my first new saw with a warranty,which is nice,i guess. If this saw is lean i will know it,the messed up part, if i fix it myself warranty void,what i want to do is rip off the stupid ass limiter caps,mod the muff,and enjoy the saw,but noooo i have a warranty.Do you guys wait for your warranty to expire before you mod? I know you guys know a lot more about fix'n & tune'n a saw than me thats why i'm here. So got'a get a tach & check the tune for myself and if it's off,lug the saw to a dealer and hope they fix it rite,the warranty is kind of a pain in the rear if you ask me.Side note,was going to fire it up today, and my stupid job made me work today:msp_mad: i hate it when employment messes with my day.Thanks again for everything, this fourm is great:msp_thumbsup:

I usually start modding on the first tank. I usually run a tank or so to make sure it all seems right and then start messing with them.

You boys are going to give him a complex. I have never seen a dealer yet at either husky or stihl that adjusts the carb on a new saw. They start em, make sure they oil and send you out the door.

If you want to check and see if you are hitting the limiter, start the saw, warm it up by cutting a log or two, then proceeed to check the H on the saw. Put the saw to the boards in a safe location (like on the ground with your foot through the rear handle) and turn the H from rich to lean (clockwise) and back again (counter clockwise). You should notice an audible difference in the tone of the saw (like it sounds like it is getting faster) when he turns it toward lean. Set it back to rich (all the way counterclockwise) and go cut wood.

Good Info. :cheers: Tryed to send rep, but the computer said spread some around. well ok.

you guys HAVE given me a complex,in fact i think i need therapy:hmm3grin2orange: J/K thanks for all the replies,this fourm is just to much fun.Let me clarify,been work'n on and tuning 2stroke stuff as long as i can remember,(thanks dad) the guys at baileys know i do all my own work on all my saws,and i can certainly assemble a saw in a box,dont want to imply that threw the box at me and said beat it.However this is my first new saw with a warranty,which is nice,i guess. If this saw is lean i will know it,the messed up part, if i fix it myself warranty void,what i want to do is rip off the stupid ass limiter caps,mod the muff,and enjoy the saw,but noooo i have a warranty.Do you guys wait for your warranty to expire before you mod? I know you guys know a lot more about fix'n & tune'n a saw than me thats why i'm here. So got'a get a tach & check the tune for myself and if it's off,lug the saw to a dealer and hope they fix it rite,the warranty is kind of a pain in the rear if you ask me.Side note,was going to fire it up today, and my stupid job made me work today:msp_mad: i hate it when employment messes with my day.Thanks again for everything, this fourm is great:msp_thumbsup:

I have never waited for the warranty to expire before modding a saw.

Never will. Tuned right, the 372 is bullet proff anyway.

Latest posts

Back