Question on MS-362?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zooba72

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm planning on buying a Stihl MS-362 primarily for firewood. I just start reading about this STIHL M-TronicT engine management technology ... Can anyone provide their thoughts on this? I used an older 362 and really liked it.

Also, does anyone have any thoughts on this STIHL Quickstop Plus feature? I thinking "no", but was curious if anyone has tried it. Thanks

If you're not used to it, quickstop is thoroughly annoying. And I don't appreciate the extra weight.

I wouldn't mind Quickstop Plus, I think... I wish I could try it out someday, it seems like a great idea to me (having cut my left knee twice from trying to walk into a stihl spinning chain). M-Tronic is the best thing to happen to chainsaws since automatic oiling, it's real nice.

we use our MS362C-Q mainly for felling. In retrospective buying the C-Q option was a mistake - we rather would have taken the VW heated handle option. However, the C-Q is great when sharpening the chain. The saw is too heavy for delimbing, where the C-Q in our opinion would best be used.

Regarding the AutoTune/M-Tronic feature, we really don't miss it. We don't consider it's a gimmick only, but we haven't had any engine performance issues at all on our MS362 over the temperature interval -20C to +20C, however we've flipped the summer/winter carburetor intake of course. The C-Q right hand brake however needs cleaning occasionally and can freeze in very cold and snowy conditions. Therefore our recommendations is no for a heavy saw and no for cold winter use.

The 362c with the M tronic will be a step up from the regular 362. The M tronic adjusts the fuel and timing continuously for max performance. It also makes for a very easy starting saw.

Back