Question regarding horizontal Stihls

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pioneerguy600

Lost in Space
Staff member
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
The question regarding horizontal cylinder Stihls is about coil interchanges, will a coil from another model fit the 032? The saw is not here for me to get a pict or look at.
Pioneerguy600

For a second, I was envisioning a horizontal Stihl, wtf? Oh, horz. cylinder. I see. :bulgy-eyes:

The question regarding horizontal cylinder Stihls is about coil interchanges, will a coil from another model fit the 032? The saw is not here for me to get a pict or look at.
Pioneerguy600

Both points and electronic ignitions are only compatible with 032's. I'm just looking at parts breakdowns. I don't know if there were any conversion kits available.

Both points and electronic ignitions are only compatible with 032's. I'm just looking at parts breakdowns. I don't know if there were any conversion kits available.

After much searching today I believe you are correct, I can`t find another with the same IPL nos. and the few other models I did find picts of were all different. I think I could make a module from the vertical cylinder saws work if I had the complete saw here to work on. I did find one individual that can rebuild the old 032 coil or module and make them work really well on the 032. so will likely go that route on this one.

Latest posts

Back