Question What is the Difference between Sthil 031AV and 032AV

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctcadman

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have an 031av which I like very much a lot of torque and it throws chips in hard wood. I was wondering whats the difference. I was told that the even no saws that Sthil makes are better quality. (or a pro saw) What is the hp of this saw?

Thanks
Mark

An 032 is an updated version of an 031. A little more displacement and a little more grunt.
As far as the new saws being way better, that is all a matter of opinion. The new saws run faster and are lighter. The older saws ran a bit slower and had more torque.
Guess it is all in how you feel about it.

That even # rule you mentioned is loosely applicable to the current lineup of Stihls. Specifically, the 029, 290, 310, 039, 390. Not too many fans of those on this forum. Still, there are lots of people perfectly happy with these saws. As Stihltech says, it's all a matter of opinion. So don't take this rule and try to tell me that my 045s are junk!!!! Just kidding.

Keep your 031 (maybe get its big brother, the 045) and fix it when it breaks. Mine's going to go as long as I can make it.

Later, Chris B.

yep ,id say around here the 031 has a good following..one mechanic told me it was fairly close to the 028.. that just what he said. but he been doing this a long time..

friend has an 031 warms up starts popping what is probblem

:chainsaw::cheers:
An 032 is an updated version of an 031. A little more displacement and a little more grunt.
As far as the new saws being way better, that is all a matter of opinion. The new saws run faster and are lighter. The older saws ran a bit slower and had more torque.
Guess it is all in how you feel about it.

Well it's obvious...

The problem is clearly that the saw has been sitting for 6 years, and the gas is old...

To be serious though...

Rather than tag onto a 6 year old thread that has nothing to do with your post, start a new one. Please describe a little better the problem...

Jason

And welcome to AS

Latest posts

Back