questions on Stihl 070, 038, MS380

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeshaw

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I am living in China.
Who can tell me where I can get the technical manuals for Stihl 070, 038 and ms380 ?
BTW, how can I identify the Stihl codes ( old and new ) ?
Which parts are more easily worn out than others ?
Thanks.

mike

Looks like that seller will only ship to US and Canada. Look for similar ones or ask the seller if they will ship to China before bidding.

A cheaper alternative is to search for manuals in CD. I saw some not too long ago with a lot of manual in one CD. Not sure if any/all your needs are covered though.

I cant see a use for an 070 down there, an 038 yes but an 070 I dont understand. How many really big trees are down there?

Last edited:
Dario

DarioMO said:
Looks like that seller will only ship to US and Canada. Look for similar ones or ask the seller if they will ship to China before bidding.

A cheaper alternative is to search for manuals in CD. I saw some not too long ago with a lot of manual in one CD. Not sure if any/all your needs are covered though.

my friends brought them from outside China, package damaged at customs. problem is no spare parts available around, finding replacement parts is important.

Oldsaw-addict

oldsaw-addict said:
I cant see a use for an 070 down there, an 038 yes but an 070 I dont understand. How many really big trees are down there?
me fond of collecting, but big machines like 070 and others more used in the north like Northeast China Forest.... we have pro's here as well. :cool:

mikeshaw said:
Hi guys,
I am living in China.
Who can tell me where I can get the technical manuals for Stihl 070, 038 and ms380 ?
BTW, how can I identify the Stihl codes ( old and new ) ?
Which parts are more easily worn out than others ?
Thanks.

mike

Hmmm.. Mike, I think you can find spare parts, in fact 070 spare parts, closer to home. Try this place

http://www.globalsources.com/gsol/I/Chainsaw-manufacturers/b/2000000003844/3000000177920/22555/2.htm

I don't know if they can help you with Stihl codes, manuals, wear rates per part, or shipping damage though. :rolleyes:

trimmmed

trimmmed said:
I don't know if they can help you with Stihl codes, manuals, wear rates per part, or shipping damage though.

would be more concerned about worn parts like sprocket etc. , shooud be more others than stihl, or oregon, or husqvarna or gb, thinking of cheaper replacements. any suggestions ? :)

Last edited:
Back