Racked up some nice FREE saws today...(partner, Stihl, etc)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RED-85-Z51

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
booyaaa!!!

Got a mint Partner 500, good bar and chain, cranks on 1 pull and idles smooth as silk. 165psi compression, runs smooth up top but runs a touch too lean up top, needs a tuning.

Got a mint Stihl MS-260. Like new with bar, chain, all covers intact and clean. 60psi compression, and I can see some light to moderate scoring through the plug hole.

Here is my question, can a Stihl 025 P & C fit up to a MS-260? And still use the MS-260 intake, muffler, and the like?

Only problem I forsee is the MS-260 has that stupid cylinder sheid with 1 screw in the center...and the 025 doesnt.

booyaaa!!!

Got a mint Partner 500, good bar and chain, cranks on 1 pull and idles smooth as silk. 165psi compression, runs smooth up top but runs a touch too lean up top, needs a tuning.

Got a mint Stihl MS-260. Like new with bar, chain, all covers intact and clean. 60psi compression, and I can see some light to moderate scoring through the plug hole.

Here is my question, can a Stihl 025 P & C fit up to a MS-260? And still use the MS-260 intake, muffler, and the like?

Only problem I forsee is the MS-260 has that stupid cylinder sheid with 1 screw in the center...and the 025 doesnt.

P/C from 021,023,025 /210,230,250 only.....Clam shell motor

P/C 026/260 totally different engine type..

Last edited:
025 style
attachment.php

026/260 style
attachment.php

Yellow or black 500? Early one or late model? Pics?

I would toss that 260 or sale it or fix it and sale it and baby that 500 forever. :cheers:

I am just joking for the ones that take me serious all the time. Good finds.

Last edited:
Yellow or black 500? Early one or late model? Pics?

I would toss that 260 or sale it or fix it and sale it and baby that 500 forever. :cheers:

I am just joking for the ones that take me serious all the time. Good finds.

The Partner is a Black model. Lots of yellow, but I think the handle and bar cover are black. It's clean as a whistle, all the stickers are intact as well.

The Stihl, depending on how much a Jug and slug run...Ill probably rebuild it. Both are 40cc saws, and are both like new.

I cant get over how smooth the Partner is though!

That "stupid" one screw attachment is on millions of saws.. and never fails...

ummm....actually they do fail. Got one I just replaced that wonderfully pleaseant accordian fuel line on..and that invincible screw thing was bent, and made the whole cover tweak when you tried to turn it....

EPIC FAILURE:chainsaw:

I think Ill just get it from Baileys....89.95+S&H for a jug and slug.

Not a bad deal to get a 450.00 saw for about 125.00 in parts.

The Partner is a Black model. Lots of yellow, but I think the handle and bar cover are black. It's clean as a whistle, all the stickers are intact as well.

The Stihl, depending on how much a Jug and slug run...Ill probably rebuild it. Both are 40cc saws, and are both like new.

I cant get over how smooth the Partner is though!

The 260 is 50.2 cc (3.06 cu. in.) :rock:

Your $$$ but I would not put a $90 p&c on a $450 saw.....

Stihl stuff is WAYYY over priced though.

If I was going to put $350 into a used $450.00 saw...Id just buy the new saw.

As I see it...Im going to have a like new 100 dollar saw that would have only been available to me at a price approaching 500 USD NEW.

I mean the $90 Baileys kit doesnt say STIHL on it...big whoop. Im sure it is fine.:rock:

Stihl stuff is WAYYY over priced though.

If I was going to put $350 into a used $450.00 saw...Id just buy the new saw.

As I see it...Im going to have a like new 100 dollar saw that would have only been available to me at a price approaching 500 USD NEW.

I mean the $90 Baileys kit doesnt say STIHL on it...big whoop. Im sure it is fine.:rock:

Over priced? I know some dealers jack their prices up, heck that's every brand. Try shopping around. That $90 kit may last forever but just like your "panty dropper" you get what ya pay for.

Over priced? I know some dealers jack their prices up, heck that's every brand. Try shopping around. That $90 kit may last forever but just like your "panty dropper" you get what ya pay for.

Yup, I paid $35.00 for a NEW IN THE BOX saw that has yet to fail to start on a couple pulls, it has yet to fail me in any way shape or form. Id say I got more than I paid for, would you?

Also, if the kit lasts forever, then it is sufficient, and paying more than 3X as much would be uncalled for....right?

I still dont get why people knock the Wild Thing. I see a bunch of em burnt up, so Im sure yall do too...but it's almost always USER ERROR. I see, and own a few Burnt up Stihls, such as this 450.00 MS-260. This saw has NOT been abused, at least not obviously. It looks like it was well cared for, Id go as far as to call it babied. But it's burnt the hell up, BAD.:(

Yup, I paid $35.00 for a NEW IN THE BOX saw that has yet to fail to start on a couple pulls, it has yet to fail me in any way shape or form. Id say I got more than I paid for, would you?

Also, if the kit lasts forever, then it is sufficient, and paying more than 3X as much would be uncalled for....right?

I still dont get why people knock the Wild Thing. I see a bunch of em burnt up, so Im sure yall do too...but it's almost always USER ERROR. I see, and own a few Burnt up Stihls, such as this 450.00 MS-260. This saw has NOT been abused, at least not obviously. It looks like it was well cared for, Id go as far as to call it babied. But it's burnt the hell up, BAD.:(

$35 for a wild thang eh? Thats not a bad deal but more than I would pay,LOL. That saw is not expensive for a reason, it's a cheap throw away saw. Sure it may work great for a few weekends but in the end, you get what ya pay for.

A burnt top end 260?, possibly the same reason the pull on failed. A idiot user that put in straight gas or stale mix. The 260 owner shoud have been given a wild thang... After he spent $250 on 2 WTs he would have got the picture....:buttkick:

Back