Ramps to drive a stumper in the back of a truck

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you guys removing the tailgate when loading a 1000# stumper? I have thought about doing this before, but am nervous of the tailgate cables supporting that much weight.

I have an aluminum 10 foot flat bed no tailgate. truck is a 4500 I'm loading close to a 2000# stumper. The flat bed has the groves to hook on ramps just haven't decided which ones are gonna be able to handle doing it frequently and not bend. Also how long they will need to be to keep it from bottoming out.

I have a 8' x 12' steel flatbed on my f350 and load from the side so I don't have to unhook my towable lift or other trailers.

AP

Have you checked out discountramps.com they make some serious duty ones.

I was going to mention that I just bought a pair of 10' long x 16" wide x 10,000# capacity ramps from those guys to load skidsteers. they have everything from big equipment ramps down to utility ramps. worth looking into. I was very impressed with how HD the ramps are yet lightweight. Spent just over a grand on the set I bought but saves me having to build a loading dock.

AP

I use Oxlight brand of ramps for loading my Kubota 30hp tractor in the back of a 3500 Dodge flat bed. I have had my Oxlight ramps for 8 years and use the hell out of them and they have never failed me and are still straight as the day I bought them. They were expensive, but well worth the investment.
Oxlite Loading Ramps

Roll-A-Ramp Portable Loading Ramp System

a little pricey, but they roll up.. pretty sure they can handle the weight..
Let us know what you come up with..

I like it thing looks sweet how small it is in the stowed position. do you use them murph? my intended goal is to drive a 2450xp bandit grinder up them its around 1800-1900 pounds, maybe a little less because i took the blade off. In your opinion can it handle that kind of weight? I would have to eff it up since i only have 3 hours on it so far.

You going to the paul bunion show in ohio next month?

Put my ramps together this morning during the rain delay.

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back