Randymac..........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Randy,
Words usually don't go too far to help at times like this. But, I'll say anyway that I'm very sorry to hear about your brother. I pray the Lord will bless all the family and give you strength in this time of need.

Dan

Thank you, your thoughts and prayers are appreciated.

A few words about my brother. He was younger by a quarter hour, that mattered only to a few family members, I did get a certain amount of elder son stuff. As kids, we were inseparable, that gradually changed as we grew into our teens. When we were about 20, we had the inevitable conflict over a female, we both dumped her and began to put a little distance between us. Even so, we followed very similar parallel paths and often ended up working at the same places, mostly forestry stations and one lumber outfit, Pacific Lumber in Scotia, CA, where we were born. We did continue to spend a fair amount of time together, we roamed our territory, did all kinds of knothead stuff, managed to live through it. Most of that was crashing about in a beater pick-up, drinking PBR, shooting heavy revolvers, sport falling, the usual things young men do. Things changed by our mid 30s, the normal stuff, my bro started a family, I moved out of state chasing work and a woman. The insanity that seems to run in the family caught up to my brother in his early 40s, after he blew out his back and got hooked on OXY's. The person who I was raised with and who I shared a lot with, was disappearing. By the time we were 50, I had to adjust to whoever he was at the time. Three years ago, for some reason, he killed himself with too many fentanyl patches, don't know if it was a mistake or not, he didn't remember. The person that came back from that was almost completely different. Things got weird after that, leading up to last Sunday night.
Like many of us hope for, he passed while peacefully sleeping. He was found fully dressed, with his boots on.

Randy I don't post a large amount here, but I sure read a lot! Your a big part of this site.
I am sorry to hear of your loss, and hope you and your family are able to find some peace with this.

Take care!

Everyone way cool, many good friends here. Randy well spoken, and I am sure your brother knew you loved and cared for him. Next time I fall a tree, I will tip my hard hat, and give a moment of silence to you and your bro, in memory of you sport falling days, and happy times.

Back