Rate your Chinese chain saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I do thank you for the info on the parts sourcing, I wasn't aware of that fact. What I would do in such cases is buy second-hand, as all I've done with all of my 6 saws, except for the Echo.
Agree with the sentiments on the Chinese population, who suffer daily under the 95 million who at least nominally are CCP party members. As long as China progresses economically and militarily, it will eventually take Taiwan and who knows where it will choose to stop exerting influence. With Russia, it threatens our satellites daily as you may know. It will take concerted effort of the world's democracies to keep China in check. Only through a relatively weak Chinese economic and military stature can we keep things on an even keel. And reducing our imports from China would be a big part of the equation, though even a leveling off of such seems unlikely.

Since this thread continues on, I'm compelled to comment. It is not done to arise contention but hopefully thought about buying Chinese, when there are alternatives to do so.
There is much ado about the Coronavirus and for some rightly so, but we have much more to fear from the CCP than we do of this virus, in terms of freedom and the rise of global communism. There is not much we can do individually to stop the advance of CCP's totalitaranism, persecution, aggression, and other evils, but the one thing we can do is not support it indirectly through purchase of goods.
Certainly, and regrettably, there is much cooperation w/ in varying degrees between American global corporations and the CCP so it is difficult to avoid making Made in China (and I exclude Taiwan from that) purchases. Think back to WWII and how this country became so united, and willing to sacrifice. We are in a Cold War with the CCP today, and the least we can do to support our country, once the beacon of freedom for the world, is to avoid purchase of Made in China goods to the best of our abilities.
My take on it is the ordinary Chinese people are an ok people, just going about their lives, trying to provide for their family's as we all are. It's those at the top we need to look at.

People in every country are no different than we are. It’s the government that can be different.

I fed my family and paid my bills selling firewood cut with Swedish Husqvarna chain saws for decades. I rolled what little $$ I made after expensive back into the business.

It seems to me there is labor shortages, material shortages, besides manufacturing rising costs. There seems to be finish product shortages to the dealers who sell them. This isn’t good for the end product user.( US)China has flooded the market with cheap affordable chain saws. Sorry if I ask too much but it’s good to get some reviews on these products. We seem to have a homeowner, occasional weekend user, a pro user for chain saws and power equipment. I noticed some pro tree service guys using homeowner grade saws. Could the operating cost cause this problem.

I tried to buy what’s on sale and clearance. Probably chain loops, 2t oil, fuel is the biggest expense. I know most don’t think about operating costs or bottomline profits. I did a flea market booth too sharpening chains, selling new chains, bars, and accessories too.

Stock up on supplies and accessories when the cost is right.

It is DeReal deal!
Lol id say so. I do that all the time talking about this saw like what are you dereal. I really like it for the price point and what features it has like a rim sprocket, metal grab bar and adjustable chain oiler. Most times you have to spend like 500+ to even get one of those on a name brand saw.

Since this thread continues on, I'm compelled to comment. It is not done to arise contention but hopefully thought about buying Chinese, when there are alternatives to do so.
There is much ado about the Coronavirus and for some rightly so, but we have much more to fear from the CCP than we do of this virus, in terms of freedom and the rise of global communism. There is not much we can do individually to stop the advance of CCP's totalitaranism, persecution, aggression, and other evils, but the one thing we can do is not support it indirectly through purchase of goods.
Certainly, and regrettably, there is much cooperation w/ in varying degrees between American global corporations and the CCP so it is difficult to avoid making Made in China (and I exclude Taiwan from that) purchases. Think back to WWII and how this country became so united, and willing to sacrifice. We are in a Cold War with the CCP today, and the least we can do to support our country, once the beacon of freedom for the world, is to avoid purchase of Made in China goods to the best of our abilities.
Where can I buy a 62cc saw from a US company for $120? We're all trying to support our families and ourselves just like them. Its our government you need to be preaching to.

I love my Tanaka top saw. Thing is a BEAST for its size.
Not sure if you are aware, Tanaka is Japanese, not Chinese. And they do make very good stuff.
Of course, 50 years ago people dissed all the Japanese products as trash just like they do now with the Chinese saws.

Not sure if you are aware, Tanaka is Japanese, not Chinese. And they do make very good stuff.
Of course, 50 years ago people dissed all the Japanese products as trash just like they do now with the Chinese saws.
I know of one dealer in my area with tanaka equipment and the stuff had made in china on it. Not sure of anything else about them because i never owned a tanaka.

Probably from a US company that pays a couple dollars an hour.
That's what you're supporting by demanding that.
I'm not demanding anything. I'm keeping food on my family's table and giving the little guys a chance to see once again that our us company's rape people with 75% margins for stuff they have built or made in China first. Besides you got sthil=🇩🇪 Husqvarna=🇸🇪 echo=🇯🇵. Again its our dumbass government that started allowing imported goods and outsourcing jobs because of greed greed greed.

we are all to blame because we buy cheap, and we consume far too much
you dont need an suv to fetch the groceries, you dont need 10 chainsaws or 1000 rounds of ammo
and one reason the stuff is so cheap is because shipping is subsidised so much, aircraft subsidies/fossil fuel subsidies

The Tanaka I bought from Bailey's in Feb 2012 was Chinese. Once Hitachi bought them in 2007, manufacturing started moving to China.

QA and warranty is usually better in the foreign branded saws, but the Chinese can make good chainsaws if they want to. The problem is incentives and price point, not raw materials or workers.

Where can I buy a 62cc saw from a US company for $120? We're all trying to support our families and ourselves just like them. Its our government you need to be preaching to.
Maybe the Chinese saw is junk or maybe not, the point is that when you buy one of these saws American and European companies have to either cheapen their product or pay their employees less or both to compete. But by all means let’s support a country who’s rulers have stated that they want to control the world economy and are well on their way to doing so.

Maybe the Chinese saw is junk or maybe not, the point is that when you buy one of these saws American and European companies have to either cheapen their product or pay their employees less or both to compete. But by all means let’s support a country who’s rulers have stated that they want to control the world economy and are well on their way to doing so.
And ours don't? Wake up they are just too big of pussies to come out and say it. Hell we invented the whos got a bigger stick game with the a bomb. If we didn't mark everything up or 50% profit margins things would be very different. I'm not supporting either side here im just stating facts which boil down to we as a nation under God are abundantly greedy mofos. Its that simple. I never told any ceo he had to outsource to compete they made that decision because the greedy consumer wants the best deal and the greedy merchant will do anything to get that business. They don't care about the little guys like us and the faster you get that the more peaceful you will be

Do yourself a favor and get on the dark web and figure out how to use it as it can be alittle complicated as things of that nature should and do some research on what some of the ex coo and ceo's that had to sign a gag order before leaving there company have to say. It will make you sick how much profit is being put in these guys pockets instead of back into the economy via 🇺🇸 jobs.

I bought my GMC truck new in 2006. Bought American because that is where I live. After a few years when parts had to be replaced, I learned that damn near the whole truck was made NOT in the USA. Surprise for me. Some of the countries that I recall off the top of my head are Mexico, Canada, Taiwan, China, Vietnam, Spain and France.

Caring about where it is made seems way out of my pay scale or influence. I support local, otherwise, the whole system is so rigged it is not coming down with-out a lot of pain for everyone.

The question is whether these saws hold up and make the cut and are any good for milling. My Stilh 076's rips but way too slow for production when run on real hardwood. I am looking to get 880 for single saw larger bars, and smaller saw above 60 cc's for 18-inch cants for 4/4 boards. Just not finding much at a decent price. My076 is just too heavy for the Alaskan small mill especially when I use a winch. Bought some McCough's but they run too low RPM for speed and only have 063 bars and gears. So hard to regear and find bars. only paid 300 for 4 of them so not terrible. Still good for trimming out large logs before milling. Has anyone else experienced this? Looking at getting around 70 CC china saw for a small Alaskan mill that is lighter than the 076. I started with 391 Stilh but it burned up, partially from AZ heat and it is geared for high speed. Sold some of the wood I milled so paid but time is the main factor. Looking to buy a 6 070 when I run two saws as it's cheap as milling hard on the saws. Still planning on getting a new 880 Stilh for 72 inch bar on some larger slabs. Can't see any running a bar that big. Do these china saws hold up for milling? What do you think about a smaller CC saw for smaller cants after I use the bigger saw to mill it down? This is a part hobby and part business. I want to spend the money on a bandSaw mill but need some zoning changes to make room.

2 Stihl 070AV

2 McCullough 650

2 McCullough I-40 (80cc)

Poulin 44 cc

Makita 16 in Beam saw.

16 In chainsaw on Skilsaw worm drive.

I bought 2 G660 for 750 bucks because I couldn't get 2 Stihl 661s.(plandemic) put one on my Logosol and one on my Lewis winch. I have milled a few 1000s bdft with it no problem. you definitely want to use that decomp valve, it has stung my hand more than once lol. I was kind of impressed.

Attachments

• 20211018_202046.jpg
    20211018_202046.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 16

Latest posts

Back