Read this about sharpening

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jokers

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Just stumbled across a good read on sharpening. I think some of you self appointed experts could learn a thing or two from this.Sharpening If after reading this you still have technical questions I will try and help out.:D Russ

Sorry, link doesn`t work!

Use the link to go to that site and then go to the Tool Talk forum, scroll down and you will see it. I guess I can`t link it directly. Russ

LMAO!

That was the funniest thing I've seen all day, Russ! I'm amazed people like that are even allowed to use chainsaws. The guy that asked "How do you know when your chain is dull?" was the greatest! For him, the answer would be "After your first cut, when you go through the log and into the dirt!"

man that was scary one guy was tellign you to use a carbide rotary burr in a die grinder to sharpen you chain. you might get better results with an angle grinder. the only real useful tip was using a drill bit as a gugue.

When it's sharp it'll go through a 6" stick in 4-6 seconds! Man they don't don't need no hopped up saw if they're chain is cuttin' that fast:D

Latest posts

Back