Rebuilding a 19 year old Husqvarna 50

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IchWarriorMkII

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
First post: I have a Husqy 50 about as old as I am thats a wee bit poor on compression. Overall, other than being almost broke in, its in good shape. Its been well maintained, but the motor is just a little weak... its cut a lot of wood over the years.

Is there anywhere to get a jug and piston for this old of a saw? I've found some kits for some newer saws, but none for this saw in particular.

Thanks in advance

Welcome to Arboristsite!

Your best bet will probably be to either post a WANTED: in the trading post section here at AS, or to check eBay. I've seen the occasional NOS one on eBay, as well as lots of good used ones.

Congrats on your desire to keep an old machine going!!

Ebay buy it now $45

Here is a link that I saw this morning.... Not sure how good it is, but I have heard that one can clean up a cylinder and just drop a new piston in. You might want to take your jug off and post a pick here.... You also might just need a new ring. There are also many pistons listed on Ebay for either the 44mm or 45 mm size.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Husqvarna-51-us...ryZ79666QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited:
As far as I remember it, the Husky 50 has a 44 mm bore, unless it is a 50 Special (45 mm - same as most 51s).

Where is Freakingstang - maybe he can help you?

I picked up truckload of parts saws today and there is a 50 in the lot let me check piston and cylinder and get back to you.

I pulled jug doesn't look bad but could use new ring maybe not what you were looking for. PM me for any questions.

Thanks for the help, I'd prefer to start the rebuild with new parts...

If thats not an option... then who knows, perhaps its time for a new saw

Back