Rebuilding My 200T Any tips Tricks?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TreEmergencyB

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Doing the top end anyway got a new kit. Would it be any good to open the ports a little or maybe polish em up? Anything thing else i should worry about? Didnt come with a ring sleeve boss man said i could do it by hand...

Doing the top end anyway got a new kit. Would it be any good to open the ports a little or maybe polish em up? Anything thing else i should worry about? Didnt come with a ring sleeve boss man said i could do it by hand...
They are ported good from the factory leave it alone you could leave out the cyl base gasket after measuring the squish first. Vac test when done. What parts you using OEM?

Use OEM parts. I've tried the aftermarket stuff and am not impressed.

I left out the base gasket in one of mine and it had really good compression after, but it ran like crap. I ended up putting it back in and it runs perfect now. Maybe you'd have better luck than I did.

[QUOI E="lone wolf, post: 4833275, member: 41388"]Did you seal it with Yamabond or something like that? I like to leave things alone myself.[/QUOTE]
Yes I sealed it and it tested out fine after an impulse line change but for some reason it didn't like having the gasket left out. I had just under 180 lbs of compression too.

[QUOI E="lone wolf, post: 4833275, member: 41388"]Did you seal it with Yamabond or something like that? I like to leave things alone myself.
Yes I sealed it and it tested out fine after an impulse line change but for some reason it didn't like having the gasket left out. I had just under 180 lbs of compression too.[/QUOTE]
Maybe the seal leaked afterwards?

[QUTE="lone wolf, post: 4833331, member: 41388"]Yes I sealed it and it tested out fine after an impulse line change but for some reason it didn't like having the gasket left out. I had just under 180 lbs of compression too.[/QUOTE]
Maybe the seal leaked afterwards?[/QUOTE]
It could have but I just gave up and changed it back. Like you said earlier, the saw runs great right from the factory anyway (minus the spark arrestor).

These saws run great stock. No need to modify the 200t. Just remove the spark arrestor and dont look back. There was that notorious carb issue. What carb do you have. I've upgraded all my saws to the Stihl CQ-32. Or if you dont want the carb compensator use the CQ-16

I did the carb fix on one carb also and its been working perfect for a while now. Seems to have just a little less snappy throttle response but hardly noticeable.

[QOTE="lone wolf, post: 4833896, member: 41388"]I have two running, I don't really see much difference in response. Did you remove the accelerator and or just plug the port?[/QUOTE]
I just plugged it and it really isn't much of a difference in throttle response. If I wasn't really trying to feel for it I wouldn't even notice it. I would take a little less snappy carb over a non running one any day, so the fix is definitely worth it.

So you dont need an accelerator pump on these carbs? I would make sure the carb is running right especially after a rebuild.

Back