recommend an electric saw: special purpose

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doug, how do the mse250's compare to the older mse220's. The Stihl info shows the 250 as 2 lbs lighter and does not have the dual dogs of the 220 but has a lot more kw. I would think the older 220 is better built.
I'm a relatively new Stihl dealer, so I have very little experience with the 220's.

20150925_234536.jpg I was thinking a water spray like "k" saws us3, but being it's electric, probably not a great idea.

Anyhow... here's a pic of our "electric saw tree".. customer dropped off about a dozen of them for service. When a chain goes dull he just grabs another saw. Ignore the green and orange Poolands (that's all them darn Huskeevannas are)

Anyhow... here's a pic of our "electric saw tree".. customer dropped off about a dozen of them for service. When a chain goes dull he just grabs another saw.
Those sell for $30 to $40 around here. Have as much to do with the saws we are discussing as a SmartCar does with an 18 wheeler (or at least a 3/4 ton pick up truck).

Philbert

Those sell for $30 to $40 around here. Have as much to do with the saws we are discussing as a SmartCar does with an 18 wheeler (or at least a 3/4 ton pick up truck).

Philbert

Yeah, no kidding, it was just a pic for laughs.

we ended up buying the stihl 250, havent had a chance to use it yet. i havent even had the time to fondle it. it looks solid, and i like the fact that it came stock with a 20" bar. the husky did not, so that might have been part of the problem.

Back